2003 and up 100 series radio upgrade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sharing this with anyone interested in radio upgrade.
I have recently installed an android “Tesla” screen in my 06 lx470. I haven’t seen any other alternatives from name brands that have integrated hvac controls so I went with Chinese unit.

Pros:
it is the latest unit and has newer android os, more ram and 6 core processor.
HVAC controls do work
Plug and play with the exception of rear cam ( see cons)
Runs very smooth, no lag whatsoever
Integrated steering wheel controls
Factory cd changer support in case you still use em
Lots of feature with multiple camera support that allows side camera to be turned on with turn signal.

cons:
No instructions at all, had to email vendor
Trim panel color doesn’t match factory ( can be ordered with grey land cruiser filler panel instead of wood)
No rear factory camera integration, although I can make it work. Will update once done
Made in China
Take some tweaking to get good quality audio but it works with mark levinson systems.

Overall I’m pretty happy with it. Way better then Stone Age factory system.
Im committed to buy 9 more units in case LC owners here are interested. I paid $659 for my demo and promised $599 for the remaining units.
E5F0C989-0F6D-4C83-8A63-E8FFCD71D0E1.jpeg
86FD0322-B311-4B22-A36F-F31DB39DE58B.jpeg

I have one and hate the damn thing. Taking it out soon to replace it with a factory unit. Tired of not being able to see the damn screen in the day time. Also wireless CarPlay sucks. I hope you have better luck

That glare looks like a nightmare. Nice look though

I may be interested as long as the AC controls work. How much RAM and which version of Android?
PX6 6-Core Specification
- CPU: PX6 Cortex A72 6-Core
- RAM: DDR3 4GB Flash: 32GB
- 2K IPS Capacitive Touch Screen
- AMP IC 7850 Radio IC: 6686
- 4K Video Supported
- AHD/HDMI/CarPlay
- No DVD Function

Business opportunity for anyone who can sell a product which can reduce the glare yet keep the transmitting light nice and crisp!

I can only attest to personal experience with this. It’s not the best by any means but it sure beats factory setup. I wish hvac controls weren’t tied into factory radio. I’d swap in my pioneer unit.

I'd love to see the number of people that installed these and are happy vs regret it.
After reading through the previous threads regarding these I'm under the impression people find them to be cheap. That is, poor quality, but maybe a poll would be cool. Still not for me.

I'd love to see the number of people that installed these and are happy vs regret it.

pulling mine and going back to stock. Also will be posting mine for sale as long as I can get the factory stuff to work with an aftermarket amp. The idea is great but until the screen is brighter and wireless CarPlay is worked out im out

A brighter screen or lower screen reflections?

Judging by most current technology on screens that big, I would expect a quality product for that application to retail double or more what those units are selling for. I don't think there's any way to currently produce a quality automotive-grade electronic with a touchscreen that large with proper anti-glare, brightness and longevity at the pricepoint those are selling. Never mind all the other integration features that need to work flawlessly (HVAC, carplay, android auto, stereo, etc...). It's a tall order and I just can't see it happening for under a grand. Not to mention, a relatively no-name company is probably doing a small fraction of the heat and vibration testing that most big name auto-electronic companies do.

Even then, if you could address the manufacturing side of things.... touchscreens are terrible in a car. :p

Even then, if you could address the manufacturing side of things.... touchscreens are terrible in a car. :p
x 1bazilliongazillionomegazillion

From every 03+ post about the stereo/screen it seems like factoring, cost, ease, and sound result leads to the tape deck swap to a shallow single din. Particularly folks that are Doing aftermarket amp and speakers.

From every 03+ post about the stereo/screen it seems like factoring, cost, ease, and sound result leads to the tape deck swap to a shallow single din. Particularly folks that are Doing aftermarket amp and speakers.
Did somebody say P99RS? I think I heard somebody say P99RS. Anyone else hear that? ;)

I did .... ten years ago. From their website: "In 2010, the DEX-P99RS was selected as the in-dash receiver of choice for the competition."
Hey now, who said I have to grow up?! "Back in MAAAA day!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom