2003+ aftermarket stereo options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
what are the options that we have for the 2003+ stereos? I hate the factory nave and even loath the cassette deck even more. I am not sure what could be done about that though since the climate controls are implemented into that area.
i mean why in the world would a cassette deck be included? I haven't seen a cassette for sale since the early 90's.

You know there is a 5-disk CD/DVD changer under the armrest right? Why get so upset about the tape deck being there, just ignore it!

The factory NAV works great for me, I was really surprised how well it works. Did you know the factory NAV/head unit is a OEM Eclipse unit? Pretty nice quality from the factory.

You know there is a 5-disk CD/DVD changer under the armrest right? Why get so upset about the tape deck being there, just ignore it!

The factory NAV works great for me, I was really surprised how well it works. Did you know the factory NAV/head unit is a OEM Eclipse unit? Pretty nice quality from the factory.

I just hate that the HVAC controls are in the nav unit. Hope I never have to replace...

I just hate that the HVAC controls are in the nav unit. Hope I never have to replace...

It's no biggie, plenty out there to pull from the junk yards and replace. I saw one recently sell on eBay for $170.

It can be done with OEM parts. You'd have to replace the entire stereo fascia and dash with the non-nav version. Runs about $1500 plus a new stereo to fill the double DIN radio opening you will have.

Luckily my 2004 LC100 didn't have the integrated HVAC/stereo controls, so when I wanted to upgrade it, I used these:

facia:
:: ACV Auto Communications Vertriebs GmbH ::

and Navigation/Radio/iPod/Reverse Cam/DVD unit:

Kenwood Electronics UK Ltd. | Navigation > DNX8220BT

(so I can also load topo maps on the Navigation unit for off-road trips :)

photo here:

http://systemnet.no/lc-dash.jpg

/Pete
Now that is what I am talking about. The bad thing is you never see the 100's without nave.

Hi,

The GPS unit in Kenwoods are OEM Garmin e.g see:

Garmin | Kenwood Software and Map Updates

so most stuff you can on a regular garmin GPS, should be possible on the Kenwood. Note however that Topo maps are not 'routable' though. So I just leave the standard routable 'road' maps on the GPS permanently , and keep the topo maps on an SD card which I insert in the unit when I go off-roading.

Now that is what I am talking about. The bad thing is you never see the 100's without nave.

Agreed.....so, did you ever replace your stereo? I'm considering replacement....if I can get it active again, the stereo is stuck in "AUDIO OFF" mode.

Would be interested to hear if you replaced, and if so, with what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom