2002 Tacoma, what front rotors and pads?

Lil'John

SILVER Star

Title mostly states it.

I'm do to replace the front rotors and pads due to some mild ridges showing on the rotors.

It is stock 2002 Tacoma TRD without free wheel hubs on front. It is running 15" rims so I'm not in the mood to upgrade to larger rotors/calipers like the Tundra upgrade I've read about. It is a daily driver with some mild trails thrown in.

Is slotted drilled rotors worth considering?

What about ceramic pads?

yotadude520

Mini-Truck Enthusiast
SILVER Star
pgrade to larger rotors/calipers like the Tundra upgrade I've read about. It is a daily driver with some mild trails thrown in.

Is slotted drilled rotors worth considering?
I had some drilled/slotted rotors on my 4Runner with regular old O'Reilly's pads. I honestly don't think the drilled/slotted rotors made that much of a difference - if any.

Just get some OEM rotors and some decent pads and you should be good to go. :banana:

N22

I wouldn't bother with the fancy drilled/slotted rotors.
Just some OME ones should be fine.

Rockauto sells Brembo rotors for 54 each. Get some OEM pads and those rotors and you're set. I'm putting the Brembo rotors on my 100 Series later this year.

Pretty sure I have brembo on mine and some napa gold or something pads. no issues braking, but not stopping with a trailer coming down mountains or anything. If i was then I might look at drilled and slotted.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
SILVER Star

Granted this is about a Taco, but 3rd gen Runners are notorious for warping rotors. If this is the case, you have the Tundra option or what solved mine on 2 vehicles; R1 Concepts drilled and slotted and their ceramic pads. The extra cooling makes a difference. $110

Top Bottom