For Sale 2002 silver 151k miles California, lifted, sliders, BFGs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD - This vehicle is sold as of 11/08/2017

Fellow Mudders, I've got a nicely sorted silver year 2002 100 series w no known mechanical issues, nice newer BFGs including full-size spare, and only 151k miles, in San Jose, California.

I bought this rig here in CA over the summer, planning to keep it. But a job change is now moving me from CA to the Midwest. As a result, I need to thin my stable (I may or may not have 4 cruisers at the moment:), and my wife may be insisting we leave California with only 2 :)

This 100 is not a garage queen like my 80, but it's no beater either. P.O. took good care of her in general, but gave her a few love taps, all of which I will capture in photos deeper below in the ad. I will explain the good, the bad and the ugly down below these first few pics. VIN: JTEHT05J222018918

cleardot.gif

Last edited:
THE GOOD:
-White knuckle sliders installed and in great shape
-New-ish 285/75/16 BFGs all around, including full-size proper BFG spare underneath
-drives great all around, including on highway
-no steering wheel vibrations
-excellent braking (tighter brake feel than some of the other 100s I have owned)
-no paint fading from sun
-with exception of driver seat (see below) all other leather and carpet in great shape
-everything works (except antenna)
-a solid runner with a lot of life left in her

THE BAD:
-the bad is primarily cosmetic. Keep in mind that I have a high standard on cosmetics. If you're looking for a pristine collector, this is not your Cruiser. If you're looking for a relatively clean DD or a trail rig, this IS your Cruiser.

TRANSACTION HEADS UP:
I have nothing to hide here, but want you to have the heads up that I have not yet transferred the title and registration of this vehicle into my name. Reason being that about 2 weeks after purchasing the truck (in July), I began realizing my Bay Area job was unstable and that I would need to look for a new job. I have been busy with that and have also figured that if I end up keeping this Cruiser I might as well title/register it in my new state, where taxes will be much cheaper. All of that to say, I have the clean title in hand as well as Bill of Sale from P.O., and I have a photo of the title along with the previous owners drivers license, with all his information matching title, registration, his drivers license. I had this scenario happen once before in California, and it was not a problem at all for the next buyer. The California DMV has one additional form for me to fill out as the middle owner, and I have that form completed and ready. You can test/inspect vehicle at my home where you will see my wife, kids, other Cruisers and know that I'm not some shady dude trying to pull anything. Just a Cruiser addict in the middle of a cross-country move and needing to thin the herd.

Clean and signed title in hand, including the bill of sale from my purchase, and we would fill out an additional bill of sale here. I have never smogged this cruiser, but it was smogged earlier in 2017 by P.O., and I have no reason to suspect it would not pass.

PM with any inquiries.

Last edited:
Last edited:
EXTERIOR IMPERFECTIONS (pics in replies below)

-baseball diameter small depth dent on drivers side C pillar, near lift gate, with a smaller ping-pong ball sized one below
-thin scrape--not large, but down though paint--on driver side front fender, near blinker
-scrape through paint and slight deforming of metal on passenger side rear door, at bottom, near wheel well. Door functioning fine. (perhaps what motivated PO to put on the sliders
-antenna missing, but radio works fairly well for what it's worth

INTERIOR IMPERFECTIONS: (detailed interior pics coming soon)
-separation of leather on driver seat, seat bottom (planned to out tuff duck covers over front seats). Actual cushion and electrical movements all work fine
-while carpets are generally very clean, at least one random inch-long but very narrow slit in the front passenger door upholstery, from a previous owner just not being careful when moving something
-center touch screen functions properly, including controls of temperature and stereo. However, if you want to use the 15 year old GPS, the unit says it is missing the DVD.
-excessive wear on the leather grip of the steering wheel (though unusually clean center console leather and shifter leather in contrast)

MECHANICAL IMPERFECTIONS
-none that I know of
-underneath (see pics) there is evidence of some exposure to water or snow. No significant rust that I have seen, but some surfacey rust on various components. In good news, CV boots look great on both sides.

Better underbelly pics coming soon.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
This is a good solid Cruiser. I hope my careful detailing of its imperfections does not overshadow the reality that this is a really nice looking Cruiser with a lift and good tires. It runs great, drives great, looks great. Really a nice truck in person. PM for any questions or offers.

Saw this truck tonight. As described. Very honest, friendly, and knowledgeable seller.

Sold to a great new Mudder who hasn't even started his account yet, but he plans to use the truck for its intended purpose--as this one should be. Welcome to the Mud community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom