2002 LX470 in search of dirt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After more research on transmission fluid exchange I’m ordering the transmission FIPG and OEM filter.

Question: Does it make sense to replace any other parts of the transmission system while the fluid is being exchanged? Like the hoses. Reminder: 2002 LX with 137k.

After more research on transmission fluid exchange I’m ordering the transmission FIPG and OEM filter.

Question: Does it make sense to replace any other parts of the transmission system while the fluid is being exchanged? Like the hoses. Reminder: 2002 LX with 137k.

If you are dropping the pan.....you have the option of increasing the fluid 'line pressure' while you are in there. Your vehicle is the last year for the A343F trans and it has the means to 'adjust' the line pressure without the use of any tools. It can be done by simply repositioning a 'cap' on the valve body. But you'll have to decide if that something you want to do.

trans.jpg

Well, I’m in no mood to change something that doesn’t seem broken so I’ll leave that transmission line pressure alone.

I’m not seeing any leaks in the transmission cooler lines so gonna leave that alone too. Guess there’s not much else I can bundle into the ATF exchange so will keep it simple.

Well, I’m in no mood to change something that doesn’t seem broken so I’ll leave that transmission line pressure alone.

Adjusting the line pressure would have nothing to do with any level of 'broken-ness'. If anything....it might help prevent/mitigate friction disc wear (prolonging transmission life). Higher line pressure (to a point) results in faster, firmer, shifts....which equates to less wear (and heat).

The change is not dramatic. On an LX470 you basically go from not being able to tell when the transmission has shifted (unless under hard throttle) to barely being able to feel the shifts. Just throwing that out there....since you'll be right there anyway and hopefully not dropping your pan again for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom