2002 LX 470 rear suspension pogo bounce (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 155K miles on it, rear suspension is super bumpy. I've been reading the threads on here, but don't quite have a good understanding of the issue. I am in Mexico, so will need to ship parts here, thinking I may need to replace rear shocks, springs, control arms and possibly accumulators. Also ordering Techstream cable/software and 5L of AHC suspension fluid.

Am I going to be missing any hard to locate parts (there are no Lexus dealers here)? Do I need to replace everything or should I wait for the Techstream to get the pressure readings before replacing so much?

AHC Low to High is 7 tick marks in the tank.

For the price, I am considering ripping out AHC and replacing with a 2-2.5" lift kit instead.

Before you start ordering parts, you probably should start here, or one of the other similar threads, and you will need TechStream (or a similar alternative):

I have 155K miles on it, rear suspension is super bumpy. I've been reading the threads on here, but don't quite have a good understanding of the issue. I am in Mexico, so will need to ship parts here, thinking I may need to replace rear shocks, springs, control arms and possibly accumulators. Also ordering Techstream cable/software and 5L of AHC suspension fluid.

Am I going to be missing any hard to locate parts (there are no Lexus dealers here)? Do I need to replace everything or should I wait for the Techstream to get the pressure readings before replacing so much?

AHC Low to High is 7 tick marks in the tank.

For the price, I am considering ripping out AHC and replacing with a 2-2.5" lift kit instead.
It sounds like you need new globes. That's the common wear item in the system and a new set shipped is around $750 from impex (at least in the US). Don't rip out AHC over a bad set of globes. You'll spend way more money and energy doing the swap over and end up with an inferior ride quality.

AHC shocks don't normally wear out, so unless they are leaking *after* you've verified neutral pressures you can plan on leaving those alone for the life of the vehicle.

Check out my video tutorial here. It's not too complicated, but without a guide it can be overwhelming. Follow these basic steps and in under an hour of diagnostics you'll have a good handle on what needs to be done.

“For the pice”.... you are money ahead not replacing suspension. I am pretty confident you could replace the rear globes and fluid and be good.

Sounds like I need to wait for the TechStream and cable. I have access to BlueDriver OBD II reader (with phone app), but I haven't been able to access AHC pressure sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom