2002 LC w/nav Head Unit Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, i'm brand new here, and very happy to know there are so many out there with so much experience. I am an American living and working in the Middle East where LC's are dominant on the highway and in the desert. I couldn't resist and have bought a one owner 100 series which is awaiting my return in Florida.

The vehicle I purchased despite being one owner has a few flaws, some of which I think I may have already found the solutions to here like the transfer case not moving out of High, which is likely because of it not being used, and some disassembly, cleaning, greasing and reassembly should have me up and running there, or how to clean out the cabin fan if leaves or other debris in there is making noise.

The big one, and I have looked high and low, is the question of replacing the stock head unit which is tied into the vehicle climate control system. I haven't had any luck finding a used one in working condition. Mine works mind you, but the screen is nearly unreadable as it's been exposed to the Florida sun it's entire life. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? Is there anyone out there who has one say from a wrecked car that is for sale? I'm looking while over here, and might just stumble upon one, but if there is one out there I will snatch it up for sure!

Thanks in advance!

LC Head Unit.jpg

I have stumbled across a business in Van Nuys who says they can restore the original units, but that requires shipping the unit off for repair, and then I have nothing. I'd rather obtain one that is better than the one I have, send the other one out, and have a back up!

I replaced the LCD/digitizer in my 2002 about 2 years ago with the exact LCD from Alibaba/express. The first screen I purchased was incorrect, but the 2nd was spot on. The entire replacement process really is not that difficult if you are familiar with smaller electronics.
Like you my LX has been a Florida vehicle for its entirety and the LCD was completely cracked. I’ll dig through my email and try to find you the part #.

i've just ordered it and should see it in a couple of weeks! I might only have to refresh the screen and the peeling issue, but having the replacement function is great. Thanks again!

I’ve replaced the screen, and it works for the most part. Despite being the exactly correct part number, some of the areas of the touch screen do not work. It’s all good though, as the radio selections and climate control works fine. Hoping for a better more up to date solution through some contacts in the Middle East where these things are king.

B425053A-DCDC-469A-8DCC-B4B7BAD98326.jpeg

I just went through the exact same process of LCD replacement. All the buttons and controls work as they should, except that I have only a blank screen :(

IMG_1158_HEIC-X2.jpg

Over two years in with mine and it’s still working perfect. Make sure all ribbon cables are seated correctly, sometimes they can appear to be seated but need an additional nudge.

Over two years in with mine and it’s still working perfect. Make sure all ribbon cables are seated correctly, sometimes they can appear to be seated but need an additional nudge.
That's the plan for today. Storm came through and I had to stop working yesterday. It was a pain to get that ribbon cable inserted and seated :)

Thanks for this tip. The Ribbon cable to the new LCD panel was not seated properly. Took a few tries to get it seated properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom