2002 LC Power Antenna Motor Runs But Antenna Does Not Move (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to avoid just replacing the entire antenna if possible. $300 is steep for something I rarely use, but I do occasionally listen to it versus XM.

I believe the part number is 86300-60161.

Sounds like the cable is broken inside the motor. You likely just need to buy a new $20 antenna, pull the motor out, pop the cover off, remove the broken cable, reinstall motor, install new antenna with some grease.

I am decently certain that the antenna is just for AM radio. FM antenna is built into the passenger rear quarter window glass. I removed my front antenna and unplugged the motor so it would stop trying to raise and lower itself (plug is behind the glove box) and could still listen to FM radio with no problem.

I am decently certain that the antenna is just for AM radio. FM antenna is built into the passenger rear quarter window glass. I removed my front antenna and unplugged the motor so it would stop trying to raise and lower itself (plug is behind the glove box) and could still listen to FM radio with no problem.
Excellent point. If so I will lower mine and disconnect the motor. Hoping the two antennas do not work together to pick up far away stations.

Here is the one I used, install was kind of a pain to get into the wheel well, but I thought it was worth it, I like to have everything working as it should if I can. If you are going to get in there to unplug the motor, you might as well fix it. I think I followed a thread on here to fix it but cant find it right now. My FM signal does improve if I raise the antenna.

Amazon product ASIN B00JI9SW7C

Here is the one I used, install was kind of a pain to get into the wheel well, but I thought it was worth it, I like to have everything working as it should if I can. If you are going to get in there to unplug the motor, you might as well fix it. I think I followed a thread on here to fix it but cant find it right now. My FM signal does improve if I raise the antenna.

Amazon product ASIN B00JI9SW7C
Agree with everything here including the improvement to FM reception … 20 minute job … YT has a good how-to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom