2002 LC Locker Install Louisiana (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2002 Hundy with over 300k miles that I'm finally building up bc I plan to keep her till at least 400k and the iron god's willing at least 500k (**** yeah america). I'd like to install a locker in the rear (maybe in the front bc it's just money) and build this thing up for some overloading for my wife and young daughter (5), because Covid has wrecked our normal annual international travel. I'm a mechanical engineer in the refining industry so I can figure most things out, but if anyone has a source for someone who can install lockers in this general area competently, I'd rather do that than figure it out myself. *before you flame me, I tried to search*

Last edited:
f*** yeah america
and f*** it, maybe in the front bc it's just money

1598408643593.gif

Check with Bayou State Land Cruisers. Good group of folks in that club who were always helpful when I lived down there. Also, @DSRTRDR may know somebody in the BR area that can do it for you.

View attachment 2416501

Check with Bayou State Land Cruisers. Good group of folks in that club who were always helpful when I lived down there. Also, @DSRTRDR may know somebody in the BR area that can do it for you.

Yes, that, exactly. You boys feeling me, deep cajun south down here.

^^^ I'm drooling just thinking about that. Throw in some Beignets and Community New Orleans blend.

LA: questionable maintenance on the levees, frequent back stream flooding, poor clearing of drainages, antiquated sewage systems, and right now: a hurricane approaching, with mongo rain predicted, no less . . . :rolleyes:

back to locker install: if it were me, locally, I would go to Paul in/around Lafayette - he owns an 80 and wrenches on LandCruisers professionally - his MUD username is @lostinafog

the Louisiana LandKrewesers forum doesn't see much activity at all, they moved to FaceBook several years ago, which I am not interested in :meh: - the Bayou State Cruisers forum is not very lively, either

I don't know of a shop I would trust in Baton Rouge - have you thought about having the locker install done by Zuk in Arizona, you could send your third member to him, several folks here on MUD have done that - his username on MUD is @gearinstalls.com - this is his website: Toyota Gear Install Harrop - he is arguably THE locker guru

LA: questionable maintenance on the levees, frequent back stream flooding, poor clearing of drainages, antiquated sewage systems, and right now: a hurricane approaching, with mongo rain predicted, no less . . . :rolleyes:

back to locker install: if it were me, locally, I would go to Paul in/around Lafayette - he owns an 80 and wrenches on LandCruisers professionally - his MUD username is @lostinafog

the Louisiana LandKrewesers forum doesn't see much activity at all, they moved to FaceBook several years ago, which I am not interested in :meh: - the Bayou State Cruisers forum is not very lively, either

I don't know of a shop I would trust in Baton Rouge - have you thought about having the locker install done by Zuk in Arizona, you could send your third member to him, several folks here on MUD have done that - his username on MUD is @gearinstalls.com - this is his website: Toyota Gear Install Harrop - he is arguably THE locker guru
+1 for Zuk.

Southwest Louisiana 100 owner here.

Currently sitting in a hotel room at Margaritaville Resort on Lake Conroe in Montgomery, Tx.

Hoping my house is still standing when I come home. The red line is currently crossing directly over my house.

Anyways, if you attempt to do this in a garage locally by someone that knows what they're doing I'd love to hold a beer and watch to learn.

Screenshot_20200825-232121.png

Southwest Louisiana 100 owner here.

Currently sitting in a hotel room at Margaritaville Resort on Lake Conroe in Montgomery, Tx.

Hoping my house is still standing when I come home. The red line is currently crossing directly over my house.

Anyways, if you attempt to do this in a garage locally by someone that knows what they're doing I'd love to hold a beer and watch to learn.

View attachment 2416590
Grew up in Kinder , hope your stuff fares ok during storm.

Grew up in Kinder , hope your stuff fares ok during storm.

I just drove through Kinder on Sunday. I live in Carlyss now. Half way between Vinton and Lake Charles....where the red line is.

Where are you at now? I used to be on the Bayou St cruisers Facebook page, but when the covid madness hit I decided to get off of Facebook and have really enjoyed being off.

I never went to a meeting as they're usually Sunday mornings and I'm in church most of the time.

Hope you guys are all doing well down there.

This thread caused me to get off my @ss and make étouffée for dinner tonight.

I'm going to be in a unique position for a few weeks with 3 vehicles, so I could actually send my 3rd unit to Zuk.

ARB vs Harrop, is that about my one two options?

Last edited:
I'm going to be in a unique position for a few weeks with 3 vehicles, so I could actually send my 3rd unit to Zuk.

ARB vs Harrop, is that about my one two options? I'm leaning ARB because I'll want an air compressor anyway to air up tires.

Talk to Cruiser Brothers about the differences between units.

Update, had Zuk load up both front and rear for me with harrop E-lockers. Nothing but praise for Zuk, his communication, his professionalism, and mostly the job well done. Love having the new capabilities for a pretty minimal investment all things considered. Got to use the rear locker a few times on the Georgia Traverse Trail this past week and sure made crawling up some sketchy stuff much easier and less "exciting" for the wifey. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Update, had Zuk load up both front and rear for me with harrop E-lockers. Nothing but praise for Zuk, his communication, his professionalism, and mostly the job well done. Love having the new capabilities for a pretty minimal investment all things considered. Got to use the rear locker a few times on the Georgia Traverse Trail this past week and sure made crawling up some sketchy stuff much easier and less "exciting" for the wifey. Thanks again for the recommendation.

Zuk is the gold standard of how it should be done. Think you made a good choice with Harrops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom