2002 Land Cruiser Passenger Window Stuck Down. Which wires do I jump? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Passenger window on my 2002 Land Cruiser is stuck down. I disconnect and reconnected the switch and it seemed to have fixed the problem at first but within a few days it stopped working again. Sometimes it will want to start going up but gets 1/2 way then rolls back down.

Also the passenger switch makes a lot of clicking noises and have to use the Drivers Window Lock to stop it from freaking out.

I purchased non-OEM Toyota replacement window switch and window motor, but the new switch doesn't work at all. When I plug in the new motor into the old switch it runs non-stop in one direction.

Not sure if the replacement parts were just cheap and didnt work. But I want to at least get the window back up until I can diagnosis farther. I can not find a good diagram of the Passenger Window Motor. I find conflicting diagrams showing different wire colors. Mine is a 5 wire.

Which two wires would I jump with power and ground to manually get the window back up?

IMG_2296.jpeg

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

You could take a switch from one of the back doors and try that.
I can give that a try but if it doesn't work I need to jump the motor with power and ground to get it back up for the time being, and I can not find a wiring diagram I trust.

Swapped window switch from back and passenger window works, so it was a switch issue and the replacement I bought was junk.

Cleaning those contacts with a grit paper is ok for a short period of time. There is a coating on the mating surfaces, using an abrasive material to clean will remove that coating. The coating is there to prevent an electric spark welding itself. In the past I have cleaned those contacts and it works temporarily. Try using a contact cleaner deoxy or a paper/cloth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom