2002 HZJ79 Double Cab Firetruck

following, sweet truck!
What's next on the list ?
Hi, Thanks!
Been away from Mud, busy getting my 84 pickup back on the road for some wheeling trips.

No real major mods completed yet. Busy sourcing parts and planning what to buy.
Ordered a set of Yokohama Geolander G003 MTs in 255/85R16 - they're getting hard to get hands on in Canada currently. Non-split steel rims ordered from ENS Toyota for the new tires. Next on the list is gathering a lift kit- probably go with OME.

bdt

Hey Im from Manitoba and considering getting ex fire truck also, cant beat a 79. Looks like you got a nice one, ? did you import it youreself or is there a company you used that you would recomend? keep the updates coming!

Hey Im from Manitoba and considering getting ex fire truck also, cant beat a 79. Looks like you got a nice one, ? did you import it youreself or is there a company you used that you would recomend? keep the updates coming!
Hi,
Welcome to Mud! No, you really can'tgo wrong with a 79. There seems to be less of them hitting the auctions lately and I don't think many exist past 2005 build year.
I had a friend who uses AA Japan, so I went with them (great experience all around) others have used B-Pro out of Alberta. I used B-Pro's auction credentials (he shares them on his website) to look at the stock that was hitting the upcoming auctions. Good luck with the search!

Made some decent progress on the conversion, so an update with pictures is coming soon.

bdt

Thanks for the welcome, love all the info on here and finally decided to register, Sounds good will definately check them out, im curently spending some time in africa, and have spent quite a bit of time behind the wheel of a 76 so thats what has ignited the fire for a 70. Every day im seeing 70s running around here. Looking forward to youre update. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom