Hilux 2002 HiLux up armored Diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

040C99EF-C389-471A-96CA-E0D675C12EF1.jpeg

97F0C05E-77A6-4F89-B14B-560373897ACE.jpeg

66FB1811-EFC7-4E6B-9E31-344069BC5A11.jpeg

F7E86516-E0C0-4778-AA54-BA04663DBA4A.jpeg

215C02F3-9884-4F4C-99A4-1E5A40BA50D1.jpeg

Iraq import?

We just want to know how we can do the same haha. Consider yourself the envy of the us forum members

We just want to know how we can do the same haha. Consider yourself the envy of the us forum members
Thank you but your envy wasn’t my goal. I don’t post much but I just couldn’t keep it to myself how cool I thought this thing was and wanted to share it with people that also appreciate what it is! In my town it’s just a beat up looking Toyota Tacoma. Lol, my girlfriend from Peru said it looks like a truck from mountains in Peru, I said, “I know right!”. She wasn’t impressed.

Well glad you shared it. I've seen pictures of Hilux trucks and 70 series LCs that have been captured by the us and armored/moded liked that in Iraq so that is why i asked. Not going to get nosey on the forum as to the how but glad you have and can use what many of us would really appreciate having also. I noticed the seats and dash parts are very similar to my taco. Did the rims come with it or were those added stateside? I have the same and am converting to the steel wheels with round holes and i bet the would look great on your truck too. Also nice 80 you got!

Well glad you shared it. I've seen pictures of Hilux trucks and 70 series LCs that have been captured by the us and armored/moded liked that in Iraq so that is why i asked. Not going to get nosey on the forum as to the how but glad you have and can use what many of us would really appreciate having also. I noticed the seats and dash parts are very similar to my taco. Did the rims come with it or were those added stateside? I have the same and am converting to the steel wheels with round holes and i bet the would look great on your truck too. Also nice 80 you got!
My opinion is this was not captured from the bad guys. The armament is quality. It was used by the good guys to fit in. SF is my best guess. Worked for a year in Miami next to a place where they armored 70 series for US hard points. For US Embassy purpose. I asked if I could pay cash for a regular one and was shut down quickly as it was a gov’t contract. These 70’s were not legal in US. Regardless of how much money I had. When I saw the HiLux, hard pointed, I jumped on it. Figured it may be my only opportunity. My goal is a street legal HUMVEE. I believe the HiLux may be a better option for a solo operator.

Thank you for complementing on 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom