2002 4Runner: Sell as-is, Part-out or Fix and Sell (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, it is time to thin the herd... Should I sell as-is, part it out, or fix and sell? What would you do? What would you sell it for?

My 2002 3rd Gen 4Runner has been my baby for the last 20 years. I purchased the truck brand new from the dealer. It has spent its entire life in Colorado, with exception of camping trips across the Mountain states. The 4Runner was 100% stock until 2016, when I added armor and equipped for camping / overland. With current market conditions, I have no idea what it is worth.

The Bad:
- The automatic transmission is going out. Regretfully, I don't really have the time or space to take on the replacement myself. For the inclined, I know this would be a great time for a manual swap.

The Good:
- Vehicle miles only 137k
- ToyTech 3" lift
- FJ Cruiser rims and upgraded all terrains
- Addicted Off-road front bumper
Smittybuilt winch (cable replaced with synthetic line)
- Blue Seas fuse panels
- Shrockworks rear bumper with tire and - jerry can swing out
- Modified Rola roof rack (extended to run the entire roof length, with cutout for unobstructed use of moon/sun roof)
- Front & Rear lights
- Sport hood
- 1st gen 4Runner roll bar added, serves as a great Hilift mount
- After-market radio with Bluetooth phone
- Full WeatherTwch mats

The unfortunate:
- In 2018, I was rear ended at a stoplight. I had front/rear bumpers on at the time. No frame damage. No matter how hard I argued with the insurance company, they opted to total the vehicle. Of course, I kept the truck. I touched up the front/rear bumper paint and was back in action.
- I blew the engine on a weekend ski run in early 2019. I had 129k miles on the vehicle. I put in a used motor that had 140k miles.

The extras:
- 1st gen supercharger (the gray one) - I pulled the Factory installed supercharger from a rolled 4Runner in 2016. I had Magnuson rebuild the Supercharger before installing on my truck. When I blew the engine in 2019, I took the opportunity to have magnuson replace supercharger fluid and gaskets again. The supercharger is ready to go. With engine swaps, I think two install bolts may be missing, but they can be sourced through Magnuson.
- 7th Injector control unit - I bought the unit when I put on the supercharger. But, I found that I was not incurring the knocking that was symptomatic of supercharger 4Runners at lower elevation.
- Spare engine and engine cart. When I blew my engine, I bought a rebuilt engine from an auto-college student in Northen Colorado. I threw it in the vehicle, but was chasing some issues. I didn't have the time to chase them down, so I just threw in a used engine. I kept the old engine for a future project.
- Original floor mats
- Original cargo roof
- Original back cover
- Original rear bumper
- Original front bumper

Thanks for your insight!

Screenshot_20220312-181849.png

Screenshot_20220312-181835.png

Personally I would try to sell it as is! I'm going to PM you because I am actually interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom