For Sale 2001 UZJ100 in Louisville, KY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update: the 100 is sold, thanks!

Hi Mudders,
I’m selling my 2001 Landcruiser, 140,000 miles, Jade Mica Green with tan interior. Most factory features are included (3rd row seating, rear air conditioning, navigation, moonroof, tow package, leather interior, etc).

I am the second owner and I purchased the Cruiser in Jan. 2005 with 68,000 miles on it. Over that time, I have enjoyed the 100 and think of it as one of the family (it’s the longest I’ve owned 1 vehicle).

I have done many modifications totaling nearly $11,000 and include everything in the list below. You can also read through my Featured 100 thread to see the progression of the upgrades and details on what I did and when. There is a detailed write up of all the stereo and wiring installation that will provide all the details to the last item on the list below. Featured 100 Link is in my signature.

Upgrade Items - Vendor - Price
OME Suspension (N133, N101, T-bars, 866, Diff Drop) - Slee Offroad - 890.00
Slee Step Sliders - Slee Offroad - 835.00
Shipping for Sliders and Suspension - Slee Offroad - 165.00
Slee Rear Bumper - Slee Offroad - 1400.00

OME 863 Rear Springs - 4x4 Connection.com - 165.33
Cobra 75 WX ST CB Radio - Amazon.com - 99.99
Cooper Discoverer AT3's 285x75 - Ken Towery - 1199.00
Front Floor Mats - WeatherTech.com - 117.95
Phillips HIR Replacement Headlight bulbs - Amazon.com - 44.42
Hood Struts - Autozone - 71.52

Slee Blueberry Front Bumper - Slee Offroad - 1395.00
IBS Dual Battery System - Slee Offroad - 457.00
Slee Second Battery Tray - Slee Offroad - 79.00
Slee CB Mic Holder - Slee Offroad - 39.00
Shipping - Slee Offroad - 225.00

Powdercoat Sliders - Epic Concepts - 310.00
Line-X Sliders and bumper brackets - Line-X of Louisville - 127.20
Sears Die Hard Platinum Marine 34 Battery - Sears - 249.09

Stereo System and Dual Battery and Lighting installation - Roberts Car Audio - 3009.49
Total $10878.99

Over the years I have done some of the more basic service work myself (oil changes every 10k miles always used Mobil 1 5w30 synthetic oil, diff and transfer case oil changes every 30k miles, lube u-joints., wiper blades, air filters, etc.).

For the larger maintenance items, I have used St Matthews Imports in Louisville (very well respected service center) for timing belt, front and rear brakes, starter, water pump, spark plugs, coolant flushes, transmission filter and fluid flush, brake fluid, new muffler, etc. The tires are in very good condition with only 14k miles on them.

The 100 drives well and is in good mechanical shape overall. Gas mileage is 12 – 15 mpg depending on how much hwy driving I do.

The exterior of the vehicle is in good shape with just a few small dings and chips, no body damage and it has never been in an accident. There is no rust on the body at all. The exterior has been washed, clay barred, polished and sealed by a professional last week. The engine bay was also cleaned. The interior is also in good shape and has just been detailed including all of the carpets and leather being cleaned. The leather is in good condition for its age, there are no tears throughout.

There are a few items that need to be noted as it is a 13 year old vehicle and want to disclose everything I know of.
1.The heat shields on the catalytic converters rattle until they warm up but I’ve never put hose clamps on them as it doesn’t bother me enough.
2.The lumbar in the driver’s seat doesn’t work, the motor is dead and has to be replaced. I planned to do this when/if I changed out the leather seat covers.
3.There are several small little chips from hwy debris/rocks on the front of the hood
4.There are several small door dings and I have placed small pieces of blue tape on them so you can see where they are in the pics
5.There is some rust on the undercarriage, I have taken some pics to show what it looks like. Edit: I have had a couple of questions about the rust so I want to be clear as I can. This rust is typical surface rust that you see on all 13 yr old vehicles in any area that salts their roads. I have posted pics below and will be happy to most more if requested.

I have all of the factory bumpers, running boards, tow hitch, roof rack and roof spoiler. I also have some odds and ends like upgraded recovery points, body colored paint in spray cans (10 cans total), a couple tow straps, stickers, etc. if you want more info on something or want to see pics of something specific just email me and I'll be happy to provide.

Edit: regarding the suspension, it currently has 866's and N101's on the rear. The N74L's are gone (started leaking) so I put the N101's back on. The 863 springs are in good shape and are also included in the sale.

Asking price is $12,000.00, please contact me via email at greg.bright27@gmail.com for questions or to discuss purchasing.

Thanks,
Greg Bright

Last edited:
Pics of the 100

image-1495113175.jpg

image-1440106844.jpg

image-2252437081.jpg

image-2820889874.jpg

image-3473420267.jpg

image-3235828251.jpg

image-3595907165.jpg

Also, regarding some of the older pics in my Featured 100 thread, I don't have a drawer system anymore. The rear cargo area is as you see it, also there is a rubber Husky cargo mat that is included and will fit the rear when the 3rd row seats aren't in there. The wires coiled in the corner are for additional accessories like an air compressor, power inverter, etc. you only have to add a fuse to rear fuse block and you're ready to go.

image-2258969137.jpg

image-3689749111.jpg

image-3667770129.jpg

image-1541818031.jpg

image-2517923916.jpg

Nice truck! Good luck with sale.

Looks to be a really nice truck and a great deal. Good luck with sale!

Utah and Kentucky aren't that far apart, would make for a nice road trip or can't imagine shipping it would be more than 600 bucks or so.

I bought mine in California and drove it back to Pennsylvania. Well worth the effort!

ive been looking across the country for a an LC/LX, and one comes up in my backyard, with mods no less. nothing good will come of this, time to buy the wife something nice....

who did the suspension install? st matthews imports? good guys over there, had them fix my passat after it met a deer late one evening....

im out in oldham co, would like to see your rig this week if your schedule permits. will send you a PM.

I've had some additional questions via email and pm and wanted to share those here too:

Question: who installed the suspension work and what exactly does it consist of?
Answer: I installed the suspension, it consists of front torsion bars and shocks and rear coil springs and shocks (all Old Man Emu brand purchased from Slee). You have your choice of 866 rear springs (on it now) or 863's (included with the sale) depending on your needs.

Question: The electronics look well thought out. does having the 3 12 volt outlets in the rear on 1 dedicated line an issue?
Answer: All of the electronics are wired by a professional installer and are intended for small draw items like phone chargers, game charges, etc. I also have a dedicated outlet for a fridge and a separate line currently open that could be used to separate the other 3 if desired very easily.

Question: Is the sub still loose in the rear?
Answer: The sub is gone, but the speaker wire is stilll there and connected to the J/L amp. You can put any sub you want in there and simply plug it in.

Question: Maintenance wise what is needed in the next 40K miles? When were the main items changed or replaced?
Answer: Its at 140k now and the next service is 150k and will require fluid change in diffs, xfer case, and coolant flush. I have always used 10k intervals on oil changes, and air filter changes and 30k intervals on the bigger stuff. I have records of all the big stuff like timing belt, water pump, starter, spark plugs, brakes, etc.

Question: Who performed the services for the major items?
Answer: St. Matthews Imports, a local independant service center with a very good reputation.

Question: When was the timing belt, water pump, brakes done (what mileage)
Answer:
Timing Belt, Coolant flush, water pump, rear brakes, and transmission fluid and filter done at 101351 miles.
New Battery, Front Brakes, Bearing Re-Pack done at 110178 miles.
Spark Plugs, new Muffler, coolant, and new starter done at 127039 miles.
New Tires at 127177 miles.
I have all the receipts for this maintenance.

Question: Do you have replacement steps for the sliders from Slee? I noticed that you had them cut off due to rust issues but not sure if you ever got new ones or not.
Answer: I have a set of the replacement steps that Christo sent to me but I never installed them because I ended up liking them better without them and they are easier to clean because dirt doesnt get trapped underneath the step plate. The step plates are included in the extra parts I have for the 100.

Last edited:
Glad to see someone local interested in the 100! I have added a new post with answers to your questions and several others too. I also pm'd you about meeting up for you to check out the 100.

ive been looking across the country for a an LC/LX, and one comes up in my backyard, with mods no less. nothing good will come of this, time to buy the wife something nice....

who did the suspension install? st matthews imports? good guys over there, had them fix my passat after it met a deer late one evening....

im out in oldham co, would like to see your rig this week if your schedule permits. will send you a PM.

Much like my Utah friend above, I too am looking, I bought my FZJ80 in Louisville back in '04, we did the trip in 23 hours, to SLC.

Anyhow, About the stereo system, was it just upgrading the speakers? Is the stock unit still working properly?
Thanks and GLWS!

Much like my Utah friend above, I too am looking, I bought my FZJ80 in Louisville back in '04, we did the trip in 23 hours, to SLC.

Anyhow, About the stereo system, was it just upgrading the speakers? Is the stock unit still working properly?
Thanks and GLWS!

23 hrs is hauling ass! The factory nav is working fine, it is all custom from the head unit, used a digital processor to add IPod connection then routed to 5 channel amp with all new speakers. All components are JL Audio and were installed by Roberts Car Audio here locally along with the dual battery system and extra fuse block. you can find more details on pg 5&6 of my Featured 100 thread that is linked in my signature.

Hi.

I am in Louisville. Can you please send me your number?

Thanks.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom