2001 Toyota Tundra TRD Ivan Stewart Wheels Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
I have a 2001 Toyota Tundra and paid extra for the TRD Ivan Stewart Wheels. Well the wheels are ok, but the finish is coming off. So i took them to get powder coated. The small screws around the wheel are plastic and i need to replace them. They tap into the wheel and I went to the dealer who had no idea how to get them. Can anyone help me find these? Please and thank you!
IMG_6895.JPG
IMG_8307.JPG
IMG_9420 2.JPG

Have you explored the available SS socket head cap screws?

I’d run a traditional tap down the holes in the wheels (& expect to clean the threads after re-powdercoating) -then thread in some real stainless ones.

If you go to the homepage of these guys, I swear they’ve got whatever size most closely fits, be it a ASE or metric sized cap screw.

They have a cap screw icon / portal right on the homepage:

Tacoma Screw Products, Inc. Fasteners, Tools, Maintenance & Shop Supplies, Industrial Supplies

They have a ton of locations around the PNW, only place with a better selection than my local Ace hardware.

Real cool guys at the local one, they even just let me in back where they store the stuff & let me pick thru the bins, even throw in a few ‘spares’ for free if one of the employees is guiding me around, since everyone occasionally loses/destroys something. While not a high $$$ buyer, they all know me for how often I am there for various SS hardware for my boat.

Dollars to donuts they will also have the right thread pitch tap onhand, they are a tight outfit - I never walked out empty-handed, even when it’s obscure marine hardware the local West Marine doesn’t even stock.
(Like the good & sturdy 4” hose clamps for the wet injection exhaust hose/pipe).

There’s one in Burlington, it’s become my go-to here in Skagit Valley unless it’s on a Sat I realize I need something, then it’s Ace. They are a M-F joint up here.

Last edited:
Does it look bad without the fake screws? Depending on color, maybe just PC the rims without them and leave them out?

Or... Look up "wheel rivets" on eBay. See if any match (or can match) what you need to fill.

example (probably too large): 100 PCS 12MM DIA HEAD 8MM POST SHAFT CHROME FINISH WHEEL RIM PUSH IN STYLE RIVET | eBay

s-l500.jpg

Edit...smaller ones: 100 PCS .540" CHROME CUSTOM WHEEL RIM PUSH IN STYLE RIVET RIVETS RC-0354-540 | eBay
Thanks man, I'm going to look for some tomorrow.

Does it look bad without the fake screws? Depending on color, maybe just PC the rims without them and leave them out?

Or... Look up "wheel rivets" on eBay. See if any match (or can match) what you need to fill.

example (probably too large): 100 PCS 12MM DIA HEAD 8MM POST SHAFT CHROME FINISH WHEEL RIM PUSH IN STYLE RIVET | eBay

s-l500.jpg

Edit...smaller ones: 100 PCS .540" CHROME CUSTOM WHEEL RIM PUSH IN STYLE RIVET RIVETS RC-0354-540 | eBay
That is exactly what I'm looking for! thanks man, i owe you a beer. not the right size, but thats it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom