For Sale 2001 Toyota Tacoma 4wd extended cab manual W/locker! North Carolina (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The time has come for me to sell my favorite vehicle of all time, my 01' Tacoma. I bought this truck with 55K on the odometer 14 years ago, and she's never let me down. If you're reading this ad, you know that these trucks are holding their value to very high degree. Keep reading and you'll see why this one's worth it.
The good
-I am the second owner, truck was purchased from an older couple who towed this behind their RV, so many of the original 55k "miles" were just towed miles. (the transmission and transfer case can both be put in neutral for towing, but the odometer still goes up)
-This truck has been my baby, and has been meticulously maintained. Full synthetic fluids since about 100K.
-Paint and interior are consistent with age, but above average.
-Toyota had a recall on these Tacoma's frames, and they replaced my frame (under warranty) a few years ago. In may ways this is a new truck.
I have modified this truck. In a very intentional way. It is no mall crawler, it is extremely capable yet still comfortable on the road and reliable.
-tires are 255/85R16 BFG KM2's. 80%tread. full size, matching spare.
-lift is 2.5" Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs, bilstein 5100's all around
-diff drop to correct cv axle angle
-spidertrax 1" wheel spacers
-bed and lower quarter panels have been rhino-lined (by me, see photos)
-front bumper by trail gear, front receiver hitch and 24"LED lightbar
-Custom rear bumper, incorporating the factory hitch with quarter panel wrap-arounds
-K&N air filter, custom high clearance exhaust
-2.7L 4cylinder, 5 speed manual, 4:10 gearing, clutch start cancel option
SR5 Package, but manual everything (mirrors, door locks, windows) Manual=reliable
This truck is not a TRD, but I am including a brand new, in the box rear axle air locker WITH compressor that I have yet to install (this alone is a $1000 value, look it up)
Included but not pictured is an aluminum camper shell, tacoma specific, covered in the same olive-drab rhino lining as the bed and quarter panels
The not as good:
-The truck has 275K miles. BUT, these non interference engines are built to last, and this one has been properly maintained for all of its life. The truck runs strong, and can still pull over 20mpg on the highway all day
-there are some minor wear and tear issues consistent with age. Driver seat has a very small tear. There is virtually no rust on this truck except for a quarter sized spot on the bed near the taillight. Easily repaired.
-Serious inquires only. This is not your typical 16 year old vehicle. I will be upfront about the condition and issues of the truck, but I won't entertain any lowball offers. The only reason I am selling is I need more space, and I don't utilize the capability of this truck enough. Not interested in trades unless you happen to have an FZJ80 landcruiser. I am asking $9950 OBO. Thanks,
Jon

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

IMG_3971.JPG

IMG_4048.JPG

IMG_4042.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom