For Sale 2001 Tacoma SR5 TRD off road 4x4 $6275 SOLD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2001 Tacoma Xtra cab SR5 with TRD off road, just under 242K. Seriously just bought it.
One owner, now the question everyone is asking why am I selling it if I just bought it?

1) I wanted a 4runner
2) If I can make a profit on it, i'll let it go, other wise no problems keeping it as my winter truck.
3) I got a bit of a car addiction hobby, total Toyota nut, owned all of them it seems like, current fleet, DC tundra, camry (commuter), highlander (wife) & now tacoma (3rd one).
4) This truck deserves a better life than to die due to stupid iowa road salt. I'm going to try fluid film, but no guarantees it will work. He did have it undercoated at one time.

So I bought this because this truck is a needle in the haystack kind of truck in the midwest. Frame is in good to great shape, only one spot where the paint has come off.

The owner was meticulous to almost insane level. He offered to give me every spark plug he had ever pulled out of this thing. He has compression readings on the cylinder at last timing belt change which was at 197,131. The paint is in great shape, like no rust on body. I'm sure I can find a spec if I look hard enough.

I know these get crazy prices on the west coast & denver area. Come buy it for a great price. Its priced right at NADA clean trade in value. Not even dealing with tire kickers. The price is what it is. I have no problems driving this for the next 4 years.

Comes with factory toyota repair manual, Yakima rack for on top of topper. a couple of belts, a couple oil filter. Dude was meticulous like I said.

Only know issue, The wing windows shut and stay closed but will not stay open because the plastic hinge broke about ten years ago

Ill be adding notes day by day.

I will entertain trades for a 3rd gen 4runner, that's it.

View attachment 1691947

20180502_192619.jpg

20180502_192635.jpg

20180502_192650.jpg

20180502_192716.jpg

Last edited:
More pics, & more to come, around dusk, too late for engine bay & frame/underneath

20180502_192846.jpg

20180502_192851.jpg

20180502_192907.jpg

20180502_193014.jpg

20180502_193028.jpg

I'll get a better pic of odometer later, there is no CEL on driving this thing. Just drove 25 miles interstate today, will probably taking on 4 hour round trip this weekend.

The tacoma is growing on me, dog hates the access cab though, getting him in & out of the back is a PIA, he's a senior dog, 11.5 years old, has to be lifted. But he seems okay riding shotgun so I think it will work. Done a couple upgrades to it. Rear access cab platform, added some 2017 Tacoma 17" sport wheels. I was going to do some tinkering on it, for fun, but it seriously needs nothing, previous owner really loved this thing. I ran a bottle of BG 44K fuel system cleaner in it just to do something. I have no idea what he undercoated it with, but wow it really works, the worse spot you can see in pic above rear drum.

Drove it to get wheels, 150 round trip, ran great AC worked great.

Tacoma Frame.jpg

Tacoma Fuel Tank Skid Plate.jpg

Tacoma Rockers.jpg

Tacoma Sport.jpg

Tacoma Sport3.jpg

Last edited:
Whatever he put on frame really works, all of that is dirt except the one spot to left of rear drum & its just like to paint level/surface. My plan before winter is to power wash the frame & possibly try POR 15 or fluid film. As this is going to be my winter truck. Tundra stays in garage during winter.

20180518_182036.jpg

Tacoma Platform.jpg

asking price? or did I miss it?

Price is on title of ad $6275, bad news, new wheels don't quite work, the stock wheels r 10x better in ride quality, think I'm going to try to paint stock wheels gun metal before I put them back on.

Stock wheels back on, they have been painted gun metal. Don't look to bad, ride now much more comfortable. No rush to sell, option to trade for 4runner still there. The city of Cedar Rapids is tearing up my driveway, drove it like once in the last 4-5 weeks. It's a bitch to get out, but it can be done.

Tacoma Gun Metal.jpg

Tacoma Tire.jpg

Driveway.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom