For Sale 2001 Tacoma SR5 TRD, Central Overland Flagship Truck (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a growing family and I need a back seat. But that doesn't make it easy...

IMG_3938.jpg

Home Turf

Price: $13,000, or Best Offer
Name: "Arlo"
The Bones: 2001 Toyota Tacoma Xtra Cab SR5 TRD
Mileage: 174,500 +/-

Engine: 3.4L
Trans: 5-Speed Manual
T-Case and Diffs: Stock Transfer Case, 4:10s with rear Factory E-Locker
Front Susp: Icon Coil-Overs, Stock UCAs
Rear Susp: OME Dakar HD Leaf Pack, OME Dakar 05+ AAL, Bilstein 5125 Shocks, All-Pro Greasable Shackles @ 3/4" Lift
Extended Brake Lines w/ BPV Move, Poly Bushings Throughout
Tires: 265/75R/16 TreadWright Wardens
Wheels: TRD 16x8, x5 quantity

Other Stuff:
Tundra Front Brakes (199mm)
Dual Battery System:
--- Custom Aux Battery Tray
--- AutoZone Duralast Gold, 24F, 750CCA, Starting
--- Sears Die-Hard Platinum, P-4, Auxiliary
--- National Luna Isolator and Dual Battery Monitor/Controller
--- Blue Sea Aux Fuse Block
Shrockworks Front Bumper w/ Hella 4000 Euros, PIAA 510 Plasma Ion Fogs
Warn M8000
Trail Gear Rock Sliders, Welded On
CBI Frame Reinforcement Plates
Safari Snorkel and Drivetrain Breather Relocating
Leer 100r Topper w/ Windoors and Sliders
Custom Storage/Sleep Platform, Interior Lighting, and Bed Rug
Yakima Mega Warrior Roof Rack w/ Hi-Lift, Shovel, & Custom Side/Rear Light Mounts
SuperFlow MV90 Air Compressor
300w Kenwood/Polk/Alpine/iPod Stereo w/ Fully Dynamatted Interior
XM/Sirius Receiver and Antenna
Yaesu FT7800R 2m/70cm w/ Larson 2/70 Antenna
Uniden PRO520XL 40 Channel CB w/ Wilson Silver Load FLEX 4' Antenna
ScanGauge II
Some Decent Headlight Bulbs

Notes on the truck:

This thing is very clean and very capable. I am the second owner, and have taken impeccable care of it, being proactive on maintenance with records to back up this statement. For example, in the last twelve months, regular service has included timing and accy belts, water pump, PS pump and reservoir, pulleys, driver's CV axle, inner tie rod joints, rear axle seals, full U-joints, and synthetics fluids tip to stern. $3k in work.

The previous owner was from the Denver area, and the truck has some minor surface rust on the undercarriage. I had it checked by the Toyota dealer here for the well-known frame rust issue, and it passed without a concern. My detail guy thought he was doing me a favor by hitting it with rust-preventative paint yesterday, but it just made it look "cheap used car" for the pics. The overspray of Armor All -type product only exacerbates this. I'd rather it have just stayed dirty. :( (FYI: Most of the brownish color you see in the pics is dried Arkansas red clay, not rust. Really, the rust is very minor and superficial only.)

No kidding, I put a lot of time and a lot of money into making sure my truck is ready for a continental trip at any time. But for needing a back seat, I'd not hesitate to take this truck on the Central Overland Mountain West trip in June or our Belize trip in December. It's a great truck in great condition.

Notes on the sale:

I will not be including the EdgeStar fridge. Not only do I love it, but it's got all of my travel stickers on it. It'll be a functional beer fridge for the garage as well as a constant reminder of all my amazing trips in Arlo. Call me sentimental. However, the cavity where the fridge was installed (left side of open tailgate) is ready for you to insert the fridge or drawer of your liking.

The current winchline I will be keeping. It's a brand new addition from a wonderful sponsor of Central Overland, and out of respect for their generosity, I'll not let it go.

Two of the tires have slow sidewall leaks: the passenger front and the spare. About once every week or so I have to air them up. The leaks are not fixable, but I've learned to cope since I don't use the truck as a DD. I have a half-used set of 265/70R16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos that I'll be sending with the truck. These are superb tires for using around town.

The Yakima bike rails shown here over the passenger cab are not included. The entire Yakima basket is, though, including the shovel, its mounts, and Hi-Lift and its mounts.

It's a very fair price, considering the current Blue Book and the sum I have invested in it. I hope you think so, too. Please mention it to your friends and within other forums you might be a member of, if you don't mind. I need it to move within 30 days.

YouTube Video

P4130114.jpg

P4130116.jpg

P4130117.jpg

P4130119.jpg

P4130120.jpg

P4130122.jpg

P4130123.jpg

P4130124.jpg

P4130125.jpg

Small dent here in rear quarter panel, near meeting rail with topper.

P4130126.jpg

P4130127.jpg

P4130128.jpg

P4130129.jpg

PM sent.

Nice truck. I wish I had the dough!!!!

Just a note about the mileage: I use my truck as a North American overland travel platform. It's seen almost every state in the union. These are healthy miles on the open road, not floggings from rush hour traffic or the off-road park.

Arlo earned his stripes hauling my family on adventures coast to coast, and he's ready to do the same for yours.

IMG_1416.jpg

Hatteras Ferry, Outer Banks, NC

DSC03163.jpg

Gulf Coast, TX

IMG_0667.jpg

San Juan Mtns, CO

IMG_1042.jpg

Rue Bourbon de Nawlins, LA

I sure will miss this truck! :(

Thanks for the wonderful "For Sale" thread. We can tell how much Alro meant.

I luv Mud.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom