2001 Taco with wet passenger floor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

YMT

Threads
Just like the title says, I have a soaked passenger side floor. We had some substantial rain the last week, and now I'm trying to figure out where to start looking for the culprit. Are the windshields known to have leaks? Door windows were up, door seals are good. Xtra cab windows were closed too. Back window is good. Is there a drain system in the cowl that might back up, leaking into the cabin?

windshield will leak when there is rust in the frame or its been replaced and poorly installed. could also check your evaporator drain hose, when it gets clogged it will back up the evaporator case and water from the ac system will drip onto the floor

It's a CA desert truck with no rust. Not sure how well the windshield is installed (seems fine). I will have to do a hose test on the windshield and look into the evap case. Thanks!

What @bigredmachine said. That was what happened with mine. Clean that out and you should be good...hair and everything else came out of mine..guessing a cat used to sit on the hood over the vents with the previous owner .

Both my passenger and drivers floorboards are saturated from the monsoon SoMiss recurved this last week.

So there is someway to get water inside via the rain tray? All other seals are good.

If you have an extended cab and the small push out windows, those can leak. you check by sticking your hand in the storage in the back to see if it is wet. Mine don't close super tight but never noticed any moisture from mine.

a good way to chase the water is start with your hand up as high as possible along the firewall see where you start feeling wet. Also check the grommets between the bed and body, those plugs are large and if missing can throw water in there quickly.

I’ll have another look under the dash. It’s definitely from the front somewhere as the water was puddled up where your feet go and dry in the back.

Thanks guys! It was the evap drain hose. I have the metal turn-down tube type, and it was off the fitting for the evap canister. I checked for clogs and reattached, and added a hose clamp for good measure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom