2001 nav deletion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
Looking for local mechanic to delete nav in 2001 lc and wire analog hvac controls/install pioneer 8500. I’m in west la. Any help would be appreciated.

FD93F233-81C9-4A62-8835-2D522E044DCC.jpeg

You need to relocate the OEM headunit to the center console to retain your AC controls. This takes a custom made extension harness.
Then you can install the After market radio in its place. You will need to use the Toyota factory radio can mounts to bolt the aftermarket radio to the dash. Only other way around this is to order the Middle East spec OEM sub harness with AC controls and trim panels. That route is $2000 in parts alone and is hard to obtain since the parts are out of production and you need to pull used or find new old stock, hence the expensive price.

You need to relocate the OEM headunit to the center console to retain your AC controls. This takes a custom made extension harness.
Then you can install the After market radio in its place. You will need to use the Toyota factory radio can mounts to bolt the aftermarket radio to the dash. Only other way around this is to order the Middle East spec OEM sub harness with AC controls and trim panels. That route is $2000 in parts alone and is hard to obtain since the parts are out of production and you need to pull used or find new old stock, hence the expensive price.

thanks for the the reply. I found somone to delete the nav and rewire the hvac controls to the analog dials—works great.

Installing the new pioneer head unit tomorrow!

Congrats! It's alot of fun (just kidding its not) , I used to do those conversions back in the day.

thanks for the the reply. I found somone to delete the nav and rewire the hvac controls to the analog dials—works great.

Installing the new pioneer head unit tomorrow!
All done?

How did it turn out? Post pics if you have them, even better if you have pics of the wire routing/etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom