2001 LX470 ARB Sahara bumper gap reduction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the Sahara front bumper installed on my LX by my local 4WP work shop but unfortunately the gap is bigger on the passenger side and I am getting sick of seeing it that way. Does anybody have the same issue? I recall a forum where some guy had the same issue and fixed it cutting or working out parts of the chassis where the mounts install, but cannot find it!

IMG_7516.jpeg

On the ARB bumper I have installed the gap can be adjusted. The problem is if they "pinned" it already it may not be possible.

If you look under the bumper you should see the hardware I am talking about. You can loosen the large bolts and adjust accordingly then pin it in place with the smaller tab / hardware at the bottom.

I screwed up my install as well so when I am on bumpy roads I can hear the bumper contacting the body. I shoved some high density rubber between the two but it's a band-aid fix.

Just wanted to bump this thread for any words of wisdom from out more experienced members.

@pegoste182 I know the mounting systems are different, but I just installed the 03+ deluxe bullbar on my 2001 LC and I'm having issues getting leveled to my liking. I've got about a 3/4" gap on the passenger side and about a 3/8" gap on the driver side. I'm not sure if the frame or body of my LC has been tweaked at some point in the past, but so far, I've had no luck adjusting each side independently of the other. Overall fit is very good and I'm just being OCD, but I'd like to get things squared away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom