2001 LX 470 with 236k miles is too comfortable, maybe a snorkel will fix the problem? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I really appreciate all of the info that is available through this community. This post started as a thank you. Then as I wrote it out, I realized that my wife is going to steal my car.

A month ago, I bought an 2001 LX 470 with 236k miles to replace a standard cab pickup that I take my kids to daycare in. I drove that truck 1,700 miles a year. My wife quickly realized that my 19 year old car is more comfortable than her new Edge. I wasn’t concerned about the mileage because I figured it would take me 15 years to get to 300k. We have started taking my car on all family outings...

...aww man, writing this post allowed me to see that I will be driving an Edge soon. I have the new leather from Lseat.com in the guest room. They can stay in the guest room, I think the one thing keeping her away is the shot out, yet comfortable seats. Is there a way to secure a non functional snorkel without cutting a hole? She hates snorkels. I could point out how it is phallic, and make a joke every time I adjust the AHC. What standard sized tires are the loudest?

Funny.

Take off the running boards. They don't like that.

Chicks dig running boards.
Good thinking, she's only 2 inches taller than the cut off for being a little person. She could climb in, but it wouldn't be comfortable.

Funny.

Take off the running boards. They don't like that.

Chicks dig running boards.

I second that...

My wife hated when I removed the running boards and bitched about it for a year, but since I'm a really good husband I bought a set of rock sliders as an anniversary gift. (she didn't find it funny)

Just swap out the Edge for another cruiser. :cool:
One of the boxes that the early 100 series checked for me was, "it may be the cheapest this vehicle will ever be." Unfortunately the Edge was purchased at the time that it was the most expensive that it would ever be. I am pretty sure we paid $36k for what amounts to a warranty. It's a nice car, for ants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom