SOLD 2001 Lexus LX470 - OME Conversion - 209k Miles - $12,500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
Gray
Long time ih8mud stalker, 1st time posting. Looking to sell my '01 LX470 here, before putting it up for sale locally. Feel free to call me out if I'm way off on pricing - I'm not in a pinch to sell it though.

Currently has 209k miles. I purchased it in 2015 at 143k miles after the first owner owner traded it in. 1st owner had all servicing performed at Lexus of Richmond. I've had all servicing and maintenance performed at a privately owned shop. I drove this daily from 2015 up until early 2019 when I switched to a LX570. Since then, it has just been used on the weekends for occasional hardware store runs. Adult driven, non smoker, never off road (except a gravel road here an there). I get complements every time I drive it - the truck looks tough, but not overdone. Could be a good base for a full ARB build out. I wouldn't hesitate to drive the truck as-is across the country - and back.

Color is Mystic Sea Opal (original paint).

"The nuts and bolts":
AHC suspension system completely removed and OME conversion/2.5" lift installed at approx. 176k miles by Independent 4x (Ashland, VA). They are a professional shop and did a really good job getting the stance and details right.
KMC XD 128 17" Wheels (I blacked out the XD logo on the hubs).
BFG KO2's (285/70r17) - 33k miles on them - They look pretty new though.
180k mile service (timing belt replacement) was performed. All other regular services and oil changes performed per Lexus maintenance schedule.
Within the past 15k - 20k miles, replaced the battery, alternator, fan clutch, thermostat, rear brake calipers & pads, both CV axles, oxygen sensor, lower ball joints, control arms, and sway bar link.
The interior is extremely clean.
Rear jumpers are in place.
The exterior looks very good (except for the locations I noted below in "The bad").
Original Mark Levinson stereo (door and rear woofers need work as noted below in "The bad").
Weathertech floor liners all around (I didn't keep the original floor mats).
No wrecks, no damage, no dents.

"The bad":
The clear coat on the roof and hood has started to peel (this has occurred within the past year as the truck has been sitting). The hood and roof need to be repainted.
There is a small rust spot starting to bubble at the top of the driver side of the windshield.
There is a rust spot at the rear hatch door under the window (common LC rust spot). This needs to be addressed.
There are some pin-head size chips on the front of the hood and a few other spots in the paint.
Last year, I noticed that the rear cross-member had rusted out a silver dollar size hole around an underside drain hole (also a common LC rust spot). I had an industrial welding shop grind out the rust and weld in a channel iron gusset over the underside of the cross-member. The repair was subsequently assessed by and passed a Virginia State Inspection.
The underside of the truck shows surface rust/scaling. I haven't noticed anything structural (other than the cross-member repair noted). If keeping, I'd get it up on a lift to spot treat and apply an undercoat paint.
The door woofers and rear sub woofer all need replacement, or surround repair (there are threads here on ih8mud concerning this repair). Replacement of the factory Mark Levinson speakers is probably $1k worth of speakers. I have been hesitant to replace the stereo and speakers with aftermarket knowing that I would be selling it.
There is a small, dime sized, blemish/chip in the center of the windshield. It doesn't impair vision and has never caused the car to fail the yearly Virginia State Inspection.
The driver's seat has some stitching loose.
The small springs on the front and rear cup holder covers are long gone.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I've tried to represent it to the best of my knowledge.

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom