2001 Leveling kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently purchased a 2001 100 series. A 1-owner!!! Makes my 4th Landcruiser! Question for the masses - at this point, only wanting a leveling kit to raise the front-end. What is the desired lift (Inches) for the front. And, what/ which to buy? There are gaboodles of offerings via the Internet - so please shortcut the process. BTW - my 2001, does not have the suspension adjustment. Thanks and please advise!

either you are a Russian Bot or this must be your first 100 series? no level kit needed. Just turn the torsion bars to desired height. if you are handy, its Free! Well, you should get an alignment after.

Whatever you do, make sure to keep the front 1" lower. The vehicle was designed for a "rake". They drive like poop when level. At least, my LX sure as heck was squirrely when I had it level in the beginning. Adjusted back in just shy of a 1" rake and the driving dynamics were significantly improved.

either you are a Russian Bot or this must be your first 100 series? no level kit needed. Just turn the torsion bars to desired height. if you are handy, its Free! Well, you should get an alignment after.
Nope not a Russian bot, nor a Vladdie fan! New to the 100 series. One 60, one 62 and one 80 over the years.

Nope not a Russian bot, nor a Vladdie fan! New to the 100 series. One 60, one 62 and one 80 over the years.

Or - buy a 2.5" lift and (for now) keep the stock Michelin's on it? Tires are 90% new, will replace them in a few years. The lift kit to buy is...??? Where to buy is? Also, would the 2.5" lift look goofy with my 275/70/16 tires? Anyone with a photo a 100 series like this? Would not think I will ever go to a HD front bumper/winch.
Thanks for the advice!

@Duckter welcome To Torsion Bars! the pros is that they are adjustable, the cons is that they are not progressive like a coil spring.

Or - buy a 2.5" lift and (for now) keep the stock Michelin's on it? Tires are 90% new, will replace them in a few years. The lift kit to buy is...??? Where to buy is? Also, would the 2.5" lift look goofy with my 275/70/16 tires? Anyone with a photo a 100 series like this? Would not think I will ever go to a HD front bumper/winch.
Thanks for the advice!

@reevesci is Jason from Trail Tailor. He sells a 2" lift from Tough Dog. 2" is pretty modest won't be crazy tall. Then you can eventually throw some 285s or 295s on there it'll look good.

You will hate a lift and stock tires! Good tires will get you further than a lift

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom