Builds 2001 LC HZJ78 AK -RESTORATION- For Overland (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sandblaster bumper & rockslider

Resized_20220508_220852.JPG

Did some fitment for the swivel seat the most problematic was the driver the side since the swivel didn't clear the hand brake!

It's a 2-inch height I will see how it feels when the truck is running this structure can be removed nothing is welded

We have finished the 4th coat of primer next week we will be painting the interior walls and then the raptor for the floor in 058

I did put back some nice garage doors 8 feet hopefully the truck will pass one the pop roof on :p

IMG_7265.jpeg

We used some 2-inch tubing and taped 1/2 inside + lock nut

IMG_7275.jpeg

Once painted installed

IMG_7281.jpeg

A new doors for the troopy exclusivity

IMG_7230.jpg

If you want to relocate the ebrake handle, check out an Estopp. It is an electronic ebrake actuator. They are far superior to a hand operated ebrake. They run on a switch which can be put anywhere. You can even hide the switch and use it for extra security.

Cheers

If you want to relocate the ebrake handle, check out an Estopp. It is an electronic ebrake actuator. They are far superior to a hand operated ebrake. They run on a switch which can be put anywhere. You can even hide the switch and use it for extra security.

Cheers
Thank Ian, I will look it up for sure! I am not certain about the extra 2 inches on the Seat and how the driving will fit this will be a very good alternative!

After a long consideration since my season is pretty much off the books. I am taking the chassis off the frame to the paint shop and we are putting it on the BBQ

This way I will have the frame to work on in August and September to make sure it's A+

This was the weekend project, I used the old side steps that are replaced by the rock sliders to fab a back doorstep for later on! Basically need to put back the rear bumper to measure and see the clearing distance from the ground since the truck is pretty high I think this will be ok! I still need to make a tow bracket because of the new twin carrier it's not clearing the old tow U

IMG_7513.jpg

My Radiator grill is pretty much worn out doe anyone knows where I could get this one?

IMG_7516.jpg

You can find that grille in some places… found it online in Europe and have seen it a lot in Sharjah in the scrapyards. However, it will fit but not line-up to the turn signal indicators which are different in the post-2000 models. So you’re best off getting a new OEM one if yours is truly worn out.

You can find that grille in some places… found it online in Europe and have seen it a lot in Sharjah in the scrapyards. However, it will fit but not line-up to the turn signal indicators which are different in the post-2000 models. So you’re best off getting a new OEM one if yours is truly worn out.
It's not completely worn out but you know fresh paint, fresh grill :p

Today was a big day after several months ATM is going to the paint shop and my friend will remove the chassis from the frame to give ATM a second life once the frame is back in my garage I will sand it properly since it's gonna be free

IMG_7522.jpg

It's not completely worn out but you know fresh paint, fresh grill :p
You can still get the OEM one, but keep in mind that if you go turbo/intercooler install, you need to modify the grill (trim it down) and also notch out the corners near the headlights to get it all to fit.

The original OEM grill is plastic so a little easier to work with. Who knows though, maybe the older metal grill options would fit better to begin with since they are thinner.

You can still get the OEM one, but keep in mind that if you go turbo/intercooler install, you need to modify the grill (trim it down) and also notch out the corners near the headlights to get it all to fit.

The original OEM grill is plastic so a little easier to work with. Who knows though, maybe the older metal grill options would fit better to begin with since they are thinner.

I have seen them available OEM new but the price of shipping is ridiculously more than the grill itself! That why I was thinking the turbo diesel aftermarket one...

Meantime’s somewhere in QC this is the reason I decided to go frame off and do it properly once! The undercarriage will be shooted with the same product as the floors
058 Gator.

Resized_20220708_162553.JPEG

Resized_20220708_162610.JPEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom