Builds 2001 LC HZJ78 AK -RESTORATION- For Overland (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Moving forward on repairing the current harness Wire Floor & Wire floor#2 the one I received is not a perfect fit the pinout doesn't align well. I will save this for the winter project lol. My main gold now is to finish the paint (primer), cut the roof to be able to pull the truck out of the garage, then get ATM to the alignment garage, Paint room to final spray...

The first coat of primer was done today Damm this feel-good and rewarding!

IMG_6626.jpg

IMG_6629.jpg

Small update on my end!

Wire floor main is repaired 95%

Wire #2 is a struggle, I was searching for those used parts 82162-60B50 or 82162-60B51 or 82162-60B40 (with no sub-tank connectors)

But then this nice guy named Peter from tojo4wdcentre told me :

I have 2 numbers not what you have given - 82162-60143 with trailer plug or 82162-60133 with rear-window defogger and seem to be still available from Toyota Japan as new.

Used LH drive harnesses would not be available in Australia.

Still waiting for confirmation from Ayamaya if wire floor #2 will get through 82162-60133. Many times I have ordered there and they made me pay then refunded me...

The LC has now received full first primer coating and it's 90% sanded with 180 Grid. Next weekend second coat of primer and sanding to 400 grid

We started doing some steal frames to have so meat to bolt cabinet once the inside is painted...

IMG_6697.jpg

Saving this for a later date!

33030-60C50 is the proper part number for the H152F gearbox.

361106E181 TCASE

3330160120 input shaft

I've struck out with Amayama too many times to count.
Dave is the way to go.

Yeah, I tried Dave on this and both items are not working out. I have to depin everything to make it work + The wire#2 that he sold me is for HZJ79 with, no defogger and wrong read light plug... (THIS WIRE A BACKUP PLAN) knew it from the start... So I am taking my chance elsewhere re-ordered the mega-zip 82162-60133 with rear-window defogger + ordering the other one 82162-60143 with a trailer plug on AMAYAMA... not sure of the success rate on this.

Last edited:
Put back the tires on to measure the truck approximately 83 inches floor to roof my garage door Mesure 7 feet so I want to change it to 8 feet to have clearance once the pop roof is installed.
IMG_6733.jpeg

The next step was to cut the roof so we could clean up the inner panels

IMG_6739.jpeg

On the rear end where one of the bullets. hit some rush was found

IMG_6742.jpeg

This morning I did a session of sandblasting to clear it up

IMG_6743.jpeg

The next steps are to shoot another coat of primer final outside this should be done this week!

I circled all spots on the floor that need welding so we will repair this, then shoot the walls and finally the floor

We will keep you posted!

IMG_6745.jpeg

Manage to replace the plug from wire#2 of HZJ79 in order to make a new connector that fits the rear taillights of the HZJ78. Preparing for the worst they say put still searching.

IMG_6869.jpeg

On the HZJ79 wire#2, there are 3 other plugs on each side that look to be for other applications maybe turn signals? Would anyone know I could maybe use those for my rear bumper lights

IMG_6871.jpeg

IMG_6866.jpeg

These are the connector part number of both plugs 90980–10887 & 90980–11141

Counterpart #90980–10886
Counterpart#90980–11141

If you guys are searching for a model like crazy in the manual repair just look closely at the plug inside or behind there's always a 5-digit part number this way you can trace the right counterpart in the manual

Just need to figure out what they are? lol

Status checking availability without mentioning all the other ones I ordered

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 7.04.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 7.04.09 AM.png

Spent the day Saturday & Sunday prepping interior walls & floor

We are ready to shoot the second coat of primer also ordered a new door garage *8 Feet high

I found a new spot for handle :)

Most of the interiors are ready for paint. This week will be finishing up a few spots to be sandblasted on the floor that was found and used some rust converted before doing anything

IMG_6943.jpeg

IMG_6950.jpeg

Ordered new trims from australiandoorcards.com.au super fast shipping very light and look very rugged can't wait to dress up the truck

IMG_7082.jpeg

Would anyone know where I could find a fuel cap that would be resistant? I don't like the idea of trimming the hose with a metal cap... see photo

IMG_7098.jpg

Would anyone know where I could find a fuel cap that would be resistant? I don't like the idea of trimming the hose with a metal cap... see photo

View attachment 3005354
Hey Tom,

Not sure what I am looking at here, or what your question is referring to exactly? Guessing here, that the picture is of an aftermarket fuel tank, and you are asking about capping that off, or what type of hose to use? If you are talking about capping it, I would use a short piece of fuel line with 2 clamps, the outer one around a plug or bolt to cap it.... sorry if I misunderstood your question.

PS - hurry up and get this done already!! lol

Hey Tom,

Not sure what I am looking at here, or what your question is referring to exactly? Guessing here, that the picture is of an aftermarket fuel tank, and you are asking about capping that off, or what type of hose to use? If you are talking about capping it, I would use a short piece of fuel line with 2 clamps, the outer one around a plug or bolt to cap it.... sorry if I misunderstood your question.

PS - hurry up and get this done already!! lol

Hey Bud,

This is my Long Ranger fuel tank. There are a few extra outer exits on the tank that came with some red plugs (transportation plugs) they are not resistant.

I am wondering what can be put to seal that off for good...

BTW the tank is safe the truck is not running anywhere for now

Hey Bud,

This is my Long Ranger fuel tank. There are a few extra outer exits on the tank that came with some red plugs (transportation plugs) they are not resistant.

I am wondering what can be put to seal that off for good...

BTW the tank is safe the truck is not running anywhere for now
Gotcha! Ok, so I surmised correctly then! Short of cutting that nib out and welding a patch and refinishing... if you do not want to go that far then I would just go with my earlier suggestion of using some fuel grade hose and a couple of clamps. Guess it depends if you think you may ever need that connection down the road for whatever reason... 🤔🤷‍♂️

Gotcha! Ok, so I surmised correctly then! Short of cutting that nib out and welding a patch and refinishing... if you do not want to go that far then I would just go with my earlier suggestion of using some fuel grade hose and a couple of clamps. Guess it depends if you think you may ever need that connection down the road for whatever reason... 🤔🤷‍♂️

Welding is not an option unfortunately because I need to keep this plug for my wabasto entry later on. I will follow you advice and go to a hydraulic shop tomorrow to see if I can find 8 MM and 12MM CAP

IMG_7099.jpg

Almost done with the floor this one was nasty. Started with 180 grit, then 100, not quite strong so went with 80 grit.

What made a good difference is the Fast Klean product before and after

You can see some differences in the picture

Tomorrow I will apply a coat of rust off on the whole floor if I have time :)

IMG_7090.jpg

IMG_7092.jpg

IMG_7102.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom