Builds 2001 LC HZJ78 AK -RESTORATION- For Overland (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Front apron progress, cleaned, final sandblast, primed. one side will be done in black raptor and the other side white 054

Before
IMG_7964.jpg

Middle
Resized_20221116_145807.jpeg

After Epoxy

Resized_20221116_163552.jpeg

This happens when you pull yourself on the wheel while upping into the truck
Time to lose some weight Tom?? 😬 Gosh! Seriously though, you would have to be seriously pulling on that to break it!! 😲

This is starting to really look like a sweet 70... you must have to resist the urge to rush it finished!! Man this is going to be a beautiful ride when it is done. I don't even want to know what the price tag is going to be when you are done. The main thing is if you are happy with it, and from the looks of it, I am not sure how you couldn't be! Keep up the good work! :cheers:

Time to lose some weight Tom?? 😬 Gosh! Seriously though, you would have to be seriously pulling on that to break it!! 😲

This is starting to really look like a sweet 70... you must have to resist the urge to rush it finished!! Man this is going to be a beautiful ride when it is done. I don't even want to know what the price tag is going to be when you are done. The main thing is if you are happy with it, and from the looks of it, I am not sure how you couldn't be! Keep up the good work! :cheers:

Hahaha, it's probably before my time! The crack was not very noticeable but a little play was there... I am very happy with the work done so far no rush until the end of winter! Alucab roof, windows, then the cabinet (plumbing, etc) are still some major things to do but it's coming back home after 6 months of restoration.

Thanks for the kind word mate I truly appreciate it :)

What a beauty! love the attention to detail.

I built a few Troopys for clients. I recommend you keep the weight down as much as you can. Troopys are weight magnets. A lot of room and when loaded for a trip they can get super heavy.

I'm not sure what your requirements are for driving Off-Road in Canada but I think it's universal to keep the truck as light as possible.

Good luck. The attention to detail on yours is really really nice.

What a beauty! love the attention to detail.

I built a few Troopys for clients. I recommend you keep the weight down as much as you can. Troopys are weight magnets. A lot of room and when loaded for a trip they can get super heavy.

I'm not sure what your requirements are for driving Off-Road in Canada but I think it's universal to keep the truck as light as possible.

Good luck. The attention to detail on yours is really really nice.

Thanks, Mate! Yes trying my best to keep this baby light & healthy for this reason aluminum cabinets! In Canada, we need clearance and good isolation for the cold for my self to travel remotely in the North to shoot Aurora Borealis :) Thank you for the kind word we are still working on this guy during the week we should put the Alucab roof finalement!

Are those the same cabinets 4XO's Andrew St Pierre White used in his green Troopy build? Very intrigued but happy with my 80/20 buildout.

Are those the same cabinets 4XO's Andrew St Pierre White used in his green Troopy build? Very intrigued but happy with my 80/20 buildout.

No, those are similar but with different in concept engineered by Amir but I think they are better in some application 🙏🏻🎉

Now those can be sold with both concepts 👌🏻

No, those are similar but with different in concept engineered by Amir but I think they are better in some application 🙏🏻🎉

Now those can be sold with both concepts 👌🏻
I was considering a build like that but ended up doing a custom 80/20 buildout myself since I had some unique requirements. Can't wait to see this one done!

I was considering a build like that but ended up doing a custom 80/20 buildout myself since I had some unique requirements. Can't wait to see this one done!

I am planning to assemble everything in January or March depending on the time I have between work and travels! Would love to see some pictures of your setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom