Builds 2001 LC HZJ78 AK -RESTORATION- For Overland (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I ordered marine grade covering for the sprinter van and have left over for the troopy. It's similar form as the Malec. Very durable and easy to clean. Salt and UV protected.

Since I have a very narrows space in the cargo zone behind between cabinets there’s was no need to glued vinyl on the liner sound detonating when I am at this stage will see what I do… I am also thinking about cutting a aluminum checker plate to fit the cargo and bolt cabinets on the existing floor bolts .

Since I have a very narrows space in the cargo zone behind between cabinets there’s was no need to glued vinyl on the liner sound detonating when I am at this stage will see what I do… I am also thinking about cutting a aluminum checker plate to fit the cargo and bolt cabinets on the existing floor bolts .
We never glued it. It is a hard membrane and the cabinets are pressing it down.
9E9D8645-EC61-4A85-B710-DF7645EA90A8.jpeg
74FA571B-D046-4654-992F-3AA388A17BAB.jpeg

Got to fit the carpet, not so easy with no pre cut mess up a little but managed to get out easy thank to my friend I ordered a transmission cover from escape gear SA
Also waiting on some used floor trims mine are vers warned out. I had to grind a little the gaz pedal with the sound detonating, carpet it was to tight 🤦🏻‍♂️

As a bonus got to fit the seat it feel good just to sit there and actually tell your self this is the ride I will drive one day for now now swivel I don’t like to look of it

24A4B218-5B35-41FC-A4E7-59FEBC57508B.jpeg

71DCAD55-AC2D-41C5-850D-A84D8DDB81AC.jpeg

8426696F-3648-4394-922E-7F5412261E5D.jpeg

7E8859BF-4742-40EE-9C1E-6A6ECFFDC964.jpeg

Quick update,

Waiting on DHL to deliver the new Front DIFF housing. Dwizdiffhousings.com.au has been rebuilt for me,
I had to such a great experience as customer service goes they are just fantastic it's the kind of company that keeps their word kinda rare these days!!!

The housing is from VJD so the alignment of the radius arms did not match my HZJ78 we had to move the brackets in order to have less distortion see picture
I ordered new knuckles, and arm pit, and have everything done in new!

This week will paint the brack covers and other parts to fit the frame's black finish!

IMG_0253.jpg

Sandblasted the covers need to trim them as well for the rugged brakes to fit too!

IMG_0773.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom