2001 Land Cruiser Renewal Complete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Couldn’t find the paperwork so I emailed the shop yesterday to ask. But they’re not open on the weekend. I should have the answer on Monday.

Thank you so much! Our LX deserves the makeover that you just finished!
Just a word of advice. I got to my color choice by looking at tons of leather swatches at a Katzkin & Roadwire dealer, holding them up to the plastic trim, carpet, etc. I’d encourage everyone to do the same. I’m happy to share the color, but everyone should look at lots of options before choosing.

Just a word of advice. I got to my color choice by looking at tons of leather swatches at a Katzkin & Roadwire dealer, holding them up to the plastic trim, carpet, etc. I’d encourage everyone to do the same. I’m happy to share the color, but everyone should look at lots of options before choosing.
Great advice @nspindel. I did compare the Roadwire leather swatches with the plastic trim and the existing leather and the one that seemed to match best with the plastic is the Sahara color. But Roadwire recommends Parchment, which is a little brighter and slightly lighter, but the color doesn’t match the trim as well, IMHO. Parchment looks slightly green/yellow. So, I thought I’d ask around in this forum.
The Ridies swatches that I received in the mail match the existing leather and the plastic trim perfectly in their recommended color, light tan, but I have a dealer in my area that does great installs of the Roadwire and highly recommends them.

Great advice @nspindel. I did compare the Roadwire leather swatches with the plastic trim and the existing leather and the one that seemed to match best with the plastic is the Sahara color. But Roadwire recommends Parchment, which is a little brighter and slightly lighter, but the color doesn’t match the trim as well, IMHO. Parchment looks slightly green/yellow. So, I thought I’d ask around in this forum.
The Ridies swatches that I received in the mail match the existing leather and the plastic trim perfectly in their recommended color, light tan, but I have a dealer in my area that does great installs of the Roadwire and highly recommends them.
Finally managed to get in touch with the soft trim house. I used 78 Sahara for my Roadwire leather choice.

Paint job prices run all over the place and usually, I see them done of trucks with clear coat peeling etc. My 2004 LC is in about the same paint condition as yours originally was, but in thundercloud grey. Do you mind telling me how much you paid for that job?
I redid my paint as well and in process of doing an interior resto. I have no problem in telling the price of mine but I paid $5,800 out the door for body work, sanded down to bare metal and painted with each part of the exterior body removed and sprayed separately (not a macco job), addressed the typical windshield rust issue and repaired it and installed a new windshield, weatherstripping was replaced throughout and since this was a SoCal costal owned rig addressed the minor frame rust and sealed the frame which was included free of charge.

4A256315-F8EA-4E99-AF5B-754147749057.jpeg

I wish roadwire would let you pick leather colors as I want to move away from the stock sand/ivory color. With my vision I want to go with a King Ranch leather color or just this morning I threw the Tundra 1794 leather color and think the 1794 would go perfect with our the color of our panels and plastics. I had seen a tundra (newer of course) that the plastic trim was the same color as yours and mine and the owner did the seats with the 1794 leather and it looked really good and not weird at all with our sand/ivory moldings. I decided to go with ACC as well and do the carpet in black with mass backing. Hopefully can install before Memorial Day weekend just need to decide on the leathers.

I redid my paint as well and in process of doing an interior resto. I have no problem in telling the price of mine but I paid $5,800 out the door for body work, sanded down to bare metal and painted with each part of the exterior body removed and sprayed separately (not a macco job), addressed the typical windshield rust issue and repaired it and installed a new windshield, weatherstripping was replaced throughout and since this was a SoCal costal owned rig addressed the minor frame rust and sealed the frame which was included free of charge.

View attachment 2660163
honestly if the work was as detailed as it sounds from your post, you got a smoking hot deal. $5800 to take the vehicle down to bare metal? All panels off vehicle and painted separately? Congrats on a helluva price for all that work.

I wish roadwire would let you pick leather colors as I want to move away from the stock sand/ivory color. With my vision I want to go with a King Ranch leather color or just this morning I threw the Tundra 1794 leather color and think the 1794 would go perfect with our the color of our panels and plastics. I had seen a tundra (newer of course) that the plastic trim was the same color as yours and mine and the owner did the seats with the 1794 leather and it looked really good and not weird at all with our sand/ivory moldings. I decided to go with ACC as well and do the carpet in black with mass backing. Hopefully can install before Memorial Day weekend just need to decide on the leathers.
Roadwire will let you pick the leather colors. I am ordering them through a dealer in Carson at an excellent price. For you LX owners, the one thing they stopped offering is the pleated inserts. You can order without installation if you live out of town. Tom- Ultra Trim Auto Restyling 310-920-9885. I placed my order and will post pics when it’s installed.

Last edited:
Awesome who you go with in Carson? I might go with OC Dealer network across the street from Angels stadium and No Clue Brewingn in Anaheim as Roadwire said they were the only one authorized in a 100 mile radius from me and they said they worked on numerous 100 series LC. Supposedly they said that their is a thread about them on here but they do seem pricey but gave me a fat discount and didn’t charge me sales tax cause I offered to pay cash. As for color, I’m going with the mass backed carpet in black from ACC and strongly leaning towards Sahara (OEM recommend color) they said that all the cruisers they have worked on they all ended up going with Sahara. They did let me take home the swatch samples to compare. So many choices.

C27A31DF-E13F-470A-9A01-C69534B7217E.jpeg

I did the Lexus cabin filter mod, and also wrapped the heat shields in pipe clamps. I mounted a Scangauge in Ben’s 3-D printed replacement for the sunglass holder.

View attachment 2619842

I also added the new cup holder (I did get the fit better!),

View attachment 2619844

the middle row power center in place of the middle row cup holder,

View attachment 2619845

and Ram ball mount in front.

View attachment 2619848

I also replaced the battery terminals, and hood/tail struts.

Oh yeah, and new wiper blades!
Part number for the GMC mirror switch?

Awesome who you go with in Carson? I might go with OC Dealer network across the street from Angels stadium and No Clue Brewingn in Anaheim as Roadwire said they were the only one authorized in a 100 mile radius from me and they said they worked on numerous 100 series LC. Supposedly they said that their is a thread about them on here but they do seem pricey but gave me a fat discount and didn’t charge me sales tax cause I offered to pay cash. As for color, I’m going with the mass backed carpet in black from ACC and strongly leaning towards Sahara (OEM recommend color) they said that all the cruisers they have worked on they all ended up going with Sahara. They did let me take home the swatch samples to compare. So many choices.

View attachment 2666168
I ordered my Roadwire covers through Ultra Trim Auto Restyling (310)920-9885- reached out on Yelp. I’m hard to reach during the day with my job, and sent my request in the evening and he responded that night- great communication gives me price of mind. He even sent me some pics of an LC he did this past week. I agree that the Sahara matches perfectly and is dead on with the plastic trim, but my dearly beloved likes the slightly lighter Parchment for our LX. I ordered 3 rows with the headrests and console, all installed for $1525.
BTW, my first choice was Ridies for the sweet, smooth Nappa leather, but I couldn’t find a dealer and didn’t want to buy direct from the manufacturer after reading about some after-purchase issues on the forum. Can’t wait to see how that Sahara color turns out with the black carpet. Your truck is gorgeous!

I ordered my Roadwire covers through Ultra Trim Auto Restyling (310)920-9885- reached out on Yelp. I’m hard to reach during the day with my job, and sent my request in the evening and he responded that night- great communication gives me price of mind. He even sent me some pics of an LC he did this past week. I agree that the Sahara matches perfectly and is dead on with the plastic trim, but my dearly beloved likes the slightly lighter Parchment for our LX. I ordered 3 rows with the headrests and console, all installed for $1525.
BTW, my first choice was Ridies for the sweet, smooth Nappa leather, but I couldn’t find a dealer and didn’t want to buy direct from the manufacturer after reading about some after-purchase issues on the forum. Can’t wait to see how that Sahara color turns out with the black carpet. Your truck is gorgeous!
I can’t wait either. Went with Sahara what number is parchment on the swatch ring (if you remember or is that the name of the color). I want to check that one out now. So I pulled the trigger and finalized everything as well yesterday and put my deposit down. Sounds like the pricing is exactly the same for roadwire when you use their authorized dealer. I did ask if cash talks and owner said he would take a bit off the top and drop the sales tax for me. Looks like install date is should be before memorial weekend and take about 3-4 days of downtime. I can’t wait to see the refreshed interior.

Hey if anyone is wanting to see other colors on the swatch ring for Roadwire before I return it and is in the SoCal region to see it in person or would like me to send color samples pics held up to my current stock interior (oak/tan) let me know before I return it to the auto upholsterers. Willing to help any fellow members out

Sahara is 78. That’s the color I went with as well. No regrets if you’re looking to stay as close to stock as possible.

A few pieces of advice I got from my soft trim guy who obviously is a Roadwire dealer:

1) Your stock leather is dirty. Keep that in mind when comparing.
2) You’re removing all the old leather. So it’s not urgent for the leather to be an absolutely perfect match. The important thing is that it looks good with your trim and carpet.
3) Best to be looking at the colors in bright sunlight. Look on a sunny day and position the vehicle so the sun is shining on the interior.

Part number for the GMC mirror switch?
Genuine GM 15205243 Rear View Mirror Remote Control Switch, Exterior Amazon product ASIN B00GV85OWE
The switch itself is great. But if you look at the photos you’ll notice small plastic prongs. Those prongs are meant to clip into the external housing that mounts to the dashboard. These prongs are not in the right location for the Toyota. So the switch fits with a bit of pressure, but doesn’t click in place. I’ve got a few hot glue drops on the back of it to hold it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom