2001 Jetta (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was only a matter of time until you owned one of these :princess:

I own a 200 Jetta TDI. I'd say your remote has shorted out or something. VW's aren't known for thier quality. sit down and take a deep breath before looking at the price tag of a new remote and programming fees. I did away with mine.

If you have the automatic opening and closing windows the window is operated by the driver door module. I highly suspect the door locks are also controlled by this module as the re-set procedure for the auto windows involve unlocking and locking the door.

I would start with the classic IT solution- disconnect power to the module, in this case just pull the battery cable for a few seconds. Re-connect the cable and re-set the window operation using the following procedure:

From AllData:

With introduction of comfort window regulator, front window regulators are equipped in addition with automatic opening and closing functions.

Switch for automatic opening and closing for front windows are located in drivers door operating unit. Switches for driver and passenger door are equipped with a two-step function.

When respective switch is pressed or pulled to first step, front window manually opens or closes.

When switch is pressed or pulled completely to second step, front window automatically opens or closes.

Also, additional switches for individual windows are installed in passenger door and rear doors.

All electrical window regulators are equipped with excess force limitation (pinch protection). Window closing is automatically interrupted if obstructions block closing route.

However, this does not apply when closing windows from outside using ignition key - in this case there is no force limit.

Function of window regulator with ignition switched on

Open
Switch in drivers door

* Front window:
* Press switch forward to first step. Window is opened manually.
* Press switch forward briefly to second step. Window is opened automatically (automatic run-down).
* When switch is operated anew, window immediately stands.
* Rear window:
* Press switch forward. Window is opened manually.

Switch in passenger door and rear doors

* Press on lower surface of switch. Window is opened manually.

Close
Switch in drivers door

* Front window:
* Pull switch forward to first step. Window is closed manually.
* Pull switch forward briefly to second step. Window is closed automatically (automatic run-up).
* When switch is operated anew, window immediately stands.
* Rear window:
* Press switch forward. Window is closed manually.

Switch in passenger door and rear doors

* Press on upper surface of switch. Window is closed manually.

Function of window regulator with ignition switched off
Window regulators can still be operated approx. 10 minutes after switching ignition off, as long as drivers or passengers door is not opened.

When closing front windows, there is no automatic closing function.
If window in drivers or passengers door is hindered by difficulty of movement or by an obstruction during closing sequence (force limitation), window opens again immediately.

In this case window can only be closed again when ignition is switched on.
For vehicles with central locking system, windows can be closed and opened also from outside. To do so, key must only be held in closing/opening position.

Setting automatic opening and closing

NOTE: After disconnecting and connecting vehicle battery, automatic opening and closing of drivers and passengers door is without function.

In order to restore this function after connecting battery, proceed as follows:

* Lock vehicle from outside using drivers or front passengers door. When doing this, make sure that all doors and windows are completely closed.
* Unlock vehicle and lock again via drivers or passengers door. While doing this, hold key in lock position for at least one second .

Automatic opening and closing of drivers and passengers window is re-activated.

If there is a malfunction of electrical window regulator, this is indicated by blinking of switch lights in drivers and passengers door as well as rear doors.

All lights in door trim will flash for approx. 15 seconds after switching on ignition.

If that doesn't work curse Volkswagon and their inability to make quality electronic controls and take it to the dealer. Bring lube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom