Builds 2001 HZJ79 Ex-Fire Double Cab Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This is the best looking tray I have see with all the fire truck conversions! I was going to make my own, but now I am re-thinking this! Thank you for posting this!
Cheers for the compliments! The SET trays are the cats meow IMO. Fantastic product and would not do it any other way!

These showed up the other day! Fit and finish is top notch.

- Front seat + bench cover
- Dash pad cover/storage
- Shifter boot/transmission cover storage

IMG-1274.jpg

IMG-1278.jpg

IMG-1293.jpg

IMG-1296.jpg

IMG-1298.jpg

Finally got the winch moved from the work bench to where it should be. What a beast!

I upgraded the wiring and sourced an Albright contactor. Currently waiting on the socket and remote to arrive before it’s functional.

The 7” spot lights are a bit of a tight fit so some minor modifications to the mounting brackets on the ARB will be required. Should have the front end near all complete in the next bit.

On another note the truck goes in next week for the standard OEM roof conversion which I am pretty jazzed about!

F366698A-66B9-414F-A3FB-1436A9E01368.jpeg

C3697214-069C-484D-BAC8-EF623B8BE0FD.jpeg

Oh yummy 8274 goodness. Love!

The roof mod is going to make a dramatic difference to look and feel eh?
Dramatic is a great descriptor. I think it’s going to look like a very different truck. Right now my eye always goes to the high top. It’s just that prominent. Like when you meet someone with a huge unibrow… it’s all you can stare at. 😆

Well the time has has finally come. The truck will undergo major surgery the next few days. I have completely stripped it back removing the old headliner, sun visors, mirror and grab handles. Cannot get over how much I have enjoyed this Ute and the build process. Just on the drive down to the shop had a guy pull up at a red and motion me to roll the window down asking the year of the truck and a few other details. Said it was the nicest looking Ute he’d seen in NA. High praise.

Factory cross member to be install and then the factory roof as well as a new window gasket.

I’m guessing with the standard roof there should be less wind noise especially once I have sound deadened.

Looking forward to the final result!

CD727533-91BD-4FD9-9EF9-57540E83CE32.jpeg

181EDFC1-AC32-4C4A-ACAD-862B565C3ACE.jpeg

BD94EFA6-8670-4943-B5C3-2DFFA74DCF3B.jpeg

9D15415B-EB69-4F5E-86F4-E8932D47225E.jpeg

Dramatic is a great descriptor. I think it’s going to look like a very different truck. Right now my eye always goes to the high top. It’s just that prominent. Like when you meet someone with a huge unibrow… it’s all you can stare at. 😆
so what your saying is your rig going from a five head to regular forehead.

Crazy how this special roof looks like it is factory and not a hack!

Crazy how this special roof looks like it is factory and not a hack!
Yeah it’s really impressive how factory they were able to make it. With all the cross members etc.

Stage 1 sound deadening complete with a noticeable difference. Certainly less wind resistance than the high top with two patched dollar sized holes!

The standard roof conversion was a game changer. Still have plenty of headroom to load kids into car seats!!

Still to-do is stage 2 and then the final piece with the OEM headliner.

5708A426-08BB-453F-8654-9153707B3EF3.jpeg

Stage 1 sound deadening complete with a noticeable difference. Certainly less wind resistance than the high top with two patched dollar sized holes!

The standard roof conversion was a game changer. Still have plenty of headroom to load kids into car seats!!

Still to-do is stage 2 and then the final piece with the OEM headliner.

View attachment 3300225
I love that you put the sound deadening in there! It does make a huge difference!

Yea man everything you have done is super cool and your truck looks really really nice. I don't see that load of wood in any of the pics though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom