2001 100 Series Transmission Rattle and No gear. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So.... yesterday I was driving and I heard this rattling coming from under the truck and through the pedal. Parked it at home thinking it was maybe a loose exhaust shield, couldn't find anything. Today the wife was driving on the interstate and she heard the rattle and then the whole vehicle started shaking and then eventually lost all gearing. Truck has 287k on it and has had a well maintained life. It got towed to a local LC shop and I started the truck so they could hear the noise, says he might know what it is and might not be that big of a deal. AT light is on now so we shall see. Bought it back in May and have only put 4k on it. If it needs a rebuild or a new trans, does anyone have a recommendations as to what shop in Colorado to get it fixed, or what website to get a rebuilt that's worth a damn? Also if anyone else has had this issue id love to hear what it was and the solution.

did you try the transfer case locker?

So.... yesterday I was driving and I heard this rattling coming from under the truck and through the pedal. Parked it at home thinking it was maybe a loose exhaust shield, couldn't find anything. Today the wife was driving on the interstate and she heard the rattle and then the whole vehicle started shaking and then eventually lost all gearing. Truck has 287k on it and has had a well maintained life. It got towed to a local LC shop and I started the truck so they could hear the noise, says he might know what it is and might not be that big of a deal. AT light is on now so we shall see. Bought it back in May and have only put 4k on it. If it needs a rebuild or a new trans, does anyone have a recommendations as to what shop in Colorado to get it fixed, or what website to get a rebuilt that's worth a damn? Also if anyone else has had this issue id love to hear what it was and the solution.
Did you find the problem?
I am currently in the same situation. I live in a fairly remote area and there aren't many transmission shops around aside from the dealership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom