2000LC Cat shield Vibration ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:eek:
Hello All, I've been reading many posts at this forum. I think its very informative and just darn interesting and pleasurable to read. I have a 2000
LC with 74Kmiles on it. I purchased it last year in Nov for $25K (61Kmiles) which also included a 100Kmile limited warranty/Certified Vehicle. The truck was and still is in excellent condition.

My question pertains to the vibration noise supposedly coming from the shields on the catalytic converter. I viewed the pic showing the fix for this vibration
problem but after crawling under my truck I do not see these heat shields where
the high-temp liquid gasket material would be placed. I do not see these shields
running along side the cat, I checked both sides. But the vibration which is only
present when accelerating from stop is quite evident.

Has anyone made this same fix on a 2000LC, I noticed that 1999LC was actually
shown for this fix.

Rick
InMissouri

I do not think they changed the exhaust so either someone has taken them off OR you are looking at the wrong thing. Snap a pic and post it up.

Thanx for response, I will double check underside and possibly snap some pics for posting if I still can't find them.

InMissouri

The shields almost look like one single shield. Tap them and you'll hear the vibration. I put a large hose clamp(5" I think, maybe 7") around them and tightened it a bit and I no longer have any vibration.

Sorry I have not reposted yet, I have not had a chance to take a second look underneath my truck yet and possibly take some pices. Working out of town (MI) does not give me much time at home right now but I will get to it. Although I did have my wife take the truck in for service at the Toy
dealer. Besides my routine service at 75Kmi the dealer was aware of the TSB-Heat Shield Vibration
and called to inform me that it would be $250 to replace the heat shields. Is that the 'fix' they called out in the TSB, I should have asked him that but needless to say I told him no way.

InMissouri

I had the same problem when the honeycomb on the interior of my right hand cat failed. I ended up replacing the cat. The OEM's are a bit pricey I went to an after market

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom