2000 Toyota Land Cruiser ABS System Problem *NEED HELP* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's kind of why I kept asking 3 different ways, those codes are only for specific reasoning. Always when in doubt test the pump by applying voltage.

That's kind of why I kept asking 3 different ways, those codes are only for specific reasoning. Always when in doubt test the pump by applying voltage.
Thank You so much for your kindness and helpful suggestions. whenever i installed the new motor i will let you know !

I don't know about it was the original problem or not , but when I removed the motor it wasn't work really smooth, but the new one was smooth and fine , connections are tight and good !
my new question is what else could make this symptoms ? i mean any other sensors or whatever can make this problem ?
Here’s a fault/DTC table (for 2004 but should be applicable across all 100/470 MYs) that you/others might find helpful when troubleshooting.
PS glad you’ve identified the issue.

7030FCB8-D9E5-4AF6-9253-DD8D8B5B3CCF.png

Hi, did your new motor fix your problem? Am ready to order a new motor from wholesaleparts express based on their YT video. My ABS and brake light came on and pedal to the floor. Thanks

check your power steering rack bushings......often overlooked, mis-diagnosed, trust me i spent weeks trying to figure the issue out, replaced speed sensors all sorts of trouble shooting, you can buy a kit on amazon for cheap to replace the bushings...i have dont the job for all three of mine,,,no more VSC lights or abrupt braking caused by the sensors....can be dangerous too i almost had an accident when the vehicle thought it was loosing traction and the ABS engaged the front right wheel while i was going 60MPH through a overpass curve.......made me almost crap my pants....its not a simple job but can be done you have to engineer a long piece of all thread with a nut and some big washers to get two of the bushings replaced....but way cheaper than a new power steering rack///

check your power steering rack bushings......often overlooked, mis-diagnosed, trust me i spent weeks trying to figure the issue out, replaced speed sensors all sorts of trouble shooting, you can buy a kit on amazon for cheap to replace the bushings...i have dont the job for all three of mine,,,no more VSC lights or abrupt braking caused by the sensors....can be dangerous too i almost had an accident when the vehicle thought it was loosing traction and the ABS engaged the front right wheel while i was going 60MPH through a overpass curve.......made me almost crap my pants....its not a simple job but can be done you have to engineer a long piece of all thread with a nut and some big washers to get two of the bushings replaced....but way cheaper than a new power steering rack///
hi there, did you have the exact 4 error codes? min is same as the original poster but brake seems to be fine until i press the brake pedal more than 5,6,7 times the buzzer and lights come online then i restart the car nad they are gone even in stationary.

hi there, did you have the exact 4 error codes? min is same as the original poster but brake seems to be fine until i press the brake pedal more than 5,6,7 times the buzzer and lights come online then i restart the car nad they are gone even in stationary.
my VSC and ABS lights would come on and the buzzer would sound only when i was driving and usually when i was turning or going through a curve. Not sitting parked. If that helps. Sounds like your issue may be the brake booster pump, does it make a squeal (heard under the hood where the brake master cyl is) sound when you first crank the car? I have been lucky so far (Knock on wood) my 200 lx was squealing a little bit but it went away (that was 2 years ago) and none of my other two have had any issues with the booster. so far....

my VSC and ABS lights would come on and the buzzer would sound only when i was driving and usually when i was turning or going through a curve. Not sitting parked. If that helps. Sounds like your issue may be the brake booster pump, does it make a squeal (heard under the hood where the brake master cyl is) sound when you first crank the car? I have been lucky so far (Knock on wood) my 200 lx was squealing a little bit but it went away (that was 2 years ago) and none of my other two have had any issues with the booster. so far....
thanks i will do more testing done tomorrow. i havent gone to auto repair shop due to not having spare funds atm.

Ok my brake pedal ia not going aoft even after 50 pumps after several hard pressind the pedal the buzeer sound abs, handbrake lights would come on and once i stop pumping the pedal thay go away after several seconds. This is the video of the master cylinder abs area. Please note the pedal is not going mushy soft after so many pumps it is staying hard all the time. Just uploaded this short video to youtbe temporary

Ok my brake pedal ia not going aoft even after 50 pumps after several hard pressind the pedal the buzeer sound abs, handbrake lights would come on and once i stop pumping the pedal thay go away after several seconds. This is the video of the master cylinder abs area. Please note the pedal is not going mushy soft after so many pumps it is staying hard all the time. Just uploaded this short video to youtbe temporary

Just to be sure, is the cruiser off or running during your 50 pedal pumps when it doesnt go soft? Cruiser should be OFF for pedal to go soft and to the floor at 40 - 50 pumps

Just to be sure, is the cruiser off or running during your 50 pedal pumps when it doesnt go soft? Cruiser should be OFF for pedal to go soft and to the floor at 40 - 50 pumps
while off i did about 40 pumps didnt go mushy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom