SOLD 2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 4Runner
Honeoye Falls, New York 14472 United States
Mileage
Color
White
2000 Toyota 4Runner Limited. It has the dual mode transfer case, center locking differential and selectable rear locker. I bought it from a man who brought up from Pennsylvania around 5 years ago. At the time it was stock with 113k on the odometer. During the trip from Pennsylvania the truck suffered a transmission issue “Pink Milkshake”. The previous owner did not notice the issue until he was back to NY and the damage was done. The repair set him back $2700, and he decided to sell the truck to recoup some of his losses. The transmission was rebuilt, and an external transmission cooler was installed.
I spent a lot of time laying under this truck with a needle scaler and a grinder. The frame has been gone true and is coated with chassis saver on the outside and internal frame coating on the inside. It has cosmoline over top of that. I have refrained from driving the vehicle in the winter as much as possible. I purchased it as an overlanding vehicle and have modified it accordingly.
The lift is a Sonoran Steel, Classic System 1.2. It is adjustable in the front end from 1.5 to 3.5”. It is currently set at 2”, utilizing the following parts.
Front end: Bilstein 5100 Sever HD shocks. New Toyota TRD progressive front coils (2005/06 Tundra TRD coils). All bushing, nuts, bolts and washers were replaced. JBA STD high caster upper control arms (Replacement ball joints can be purchased from JBA or a GM ¾ ton truck ball joint).
Rear end: Toyota 80 series Land Cruiser coils. Toyota Tokico shocks. Sonoran Steel adjustable trac bar/Panhard bar. Sonoran Steel extended bump stops adapters and Daystar bump stops. Sonoran Steel adjustable sway bar brackets and extended brake lines.
All suspension and steering bushing have been replaced.
Marathon seat covers over top of factory leather. Weather Tech floor mats throughout.
The bumpers have surface rust and so do the sliders. Front bumper is a Northwest Trail Innovations weld it yourself kit bumper. I am a certified welder and built it myself. Inside the bumper sits a ComeUp SEAL GEN 2 9.5-ton, series wound winch with steel cable. The rear bumper is a custom bumper I made. The rock sliders are from 4x4 innovations. They are directly welded to the frame with backing plates and gussets.
Stereo is an aftermarket Alpine touch screen.
The 5 matching alloy wheels are off a 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TRD PRO. They are wrapped in a 31.5” Mastercraft mud terrain tires that have around 7k on them. The truck itself should accommodate a 33” tire without any further modifications. The rear tire carrier was built to carry a 33” tire without obstructing the taillights.
Timing belt and water pump service were done at 154k and it presently has 178,000 on it. I have had the transmission flushed and filled once. I have receipts for work performed at the shop. I change my own oil and always use synthetic. The front end was rebuilt as I mentioned before with new pins, bushing, bolts, tie rods, rack ends etc. The ash tray has been removed and in its place is a SCAN GUAGE II. The engine skirts have been upgraded.
I will be including the winch controller, high lift jack and other miscellaneous parts. I have a folder with the dates of all oil changes, repairs, upgrades along with part numbers if you need anything in the future.
The paint is faded in some spots and the drivers side mirror does not fully adjust. The rear main seal on the transmission weeps a bit, it has done this since I bought it. It doesn’t weep enough to notice it on my driveway and I have just made sure to check the fluids normally. I’m selling it because I don’t drive it. It’s a 3rd car at this point and too small for me, the wife, kid and dogs. I am asking 10k but more than willing to discuss offers or trades for other overland items. I want to be as transparent as possible and if you want another photo please ask.

94B83FF2-4350-4555-B7E4-26ADCDF1E3F9.jpeg

4FE23056-45EC-45B5-B48F-8CB6A11D84E8.jpeg

3FAE7CAB-2643-4397-8B74-37251E7FEB3E.jpeg

DDF5898D-0B9D-4C3B-B1AF-BD134C7D2097.jpeg

02E97846-9385-4FF7-B2B6-206B1DFC4F9F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom