For Sale SOLD 2000 LX470 163K Grey SO CAL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For sale I have a 2000 Lexus LX470 with ~163K miles. Mostly highway miles since I took ownership in 2014. I travel a lot for work, so it saw weekly trips to Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, or Tyler, Texas from Austin when I was working from home. I am the second owner, it has been my daily driver for roughly 5 years, and she has never let me down. It has some minor bumps, scrapes, and door dings associated with city driving, but nothing major. I just drove it halfway across the country, and would do so again in a heartbeat.

The good:
- New 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers @ 160k
- Timing belt, water pump, coolant lines, and thermostat replaced @ 160k
- New brakes all around @160k
- Factory center diff lock
- Weathertech floor mats in the front, back, and cargo area
- PFRAN LED kit installed, comes with spare bulbs
- New windshield PROPERLY installed a few weeks ago
- AHC works great, system flushed
- Rust free!
- Clean title and carfax

The not so good:

- The front seat leather is cracked
- There is a popping noise in the front end, most likely the control arm ball joints need replacing.
- When sitting in drive with your foot on the brakes (as if sitting at a red light), there is a slight vibration that happens from time to time.

Located in Los Angeles.

IMG_1846.JPG
IMG_5789.JPG
IMG_5847.JPG
IMG_7437.JPG

IMG_7437.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1553.JPG
    IMG_1553.JPG
    411.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Very fair price. With the timing belt done recently, new tires, and all the other little goodies, this won't last long. GLWS!

Forgot to mention in the original post that the tires have the transferable warranty certificates from Discount Tire, and the oil was changed like clockwork with Mobil 1 Synthetic!

I've also attached the history of the vehicles maintenance for any potential buyers out there. The first one is the official Lexus maintenance history of work performed under the previous owner, and the second is my personal log since I took ownership. Let me know if you have any questions! It should be close, but I'll admit my log is not entirely comprehensive. I know I performed work that did not make it onto the log that I can't recall at the moment, but this should still give you a better idea of the vehicles history.

Attachments

• LX470 Maintenance, Previous Owner.pdf
    142.8 KB · Views: 88
  • LX470 Maintenance Log.pdf
    42 KB · Views: 118
Does it have the 3rd row?
Moonroof works?

Since it has TX plates, are you going to smog and make it CA plated with VIN verification?

- There is a popping noise in the front end, most likely the control arm ball joints need replacing. (any idea on cost of this?)

- When sitting in drive with your foot on the brakes (as if sitting at a red light), there is a slight vibration that happens from time to time. (any idea what this is?)

The moonroof works as it should. I have the third row seats in storage in Texas that can be retrieved at some point.

I don't plan to register it in CA, as the car will be going back to Texas if it doesn't sell quickly. If a buyer wants it in CA while the car is still located in CA, I will ensure it passes smog.

I'm not sure at this point how much it would cost to replace the ball joints. I know its pretty cheap if you DIY it, I just don't have the space to work on it here like I did in Texas. I have no clue how much it would be if you took it to a shop. I haven't had a lot of time to deal with it lately, but I'll report back on both issues when I know more if it's still around.

ryanCA, you're welcome to come have a look at it if you are interested. I'm located in West Hollywood.

Last edited:
Jackson

If you have it next week - during the week - I will be happy to look at it. For me the 3rd row is a must though ....

Im also interested in this. A deer totaled our '99 LX a couple of weeks ago, and we're looking for a replacement. I'm brand new to the forums, so don't know whether there's a private messenger here to talk about details?

Jackson

If you have it next week - during the week - I will be happy to look at it. For me the 3rd row is a must though ....

I'm free to show it any day except Monday. I can have the seats shipped to me. I'll PM you my number.

Here are some more detailed pics of the back seat, as requested. It's in great shape overall, although while taking these pics, I did find one small scratch I wasn't aware of on the driver side rear seat bottom.

IMG_2100.JPG

IMG_2268.JPG

IMG_3790.JPG

IMG_4660.JPG

IMG_8982.JPG

might want to just pop the hood and clean the throttle and see if it takes care of the rough idle. have you had the throttle serviced? it's relatively easy. if it clears up i'm sure it would sell. jack it up and try moving the wheel by hand back and forth and up/down will let you know if it's a wheel bearing or ball joint issue, otherwise it's something else. these trucks can pop or clunk for a couple reasons, one i drove was the driveshaft just needing some grease which is common. price is good but the vague descriptions of issues is turning me away

When will you be going to Texas? I'm definitely interested but SOCAL is a little far. I'm located in El Paso but frequently travel to Dallas to visit family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom