2000 LX w/ intermittent low voltage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello!

I'm having an issue with my lx470 and I'm not sure if it's the alternator or maybe a bad wiring connection somewhere, so I wanted to see if others have had something similar. Sometimes my lx battery light will come on when I start the vehicle and remain on for that entire trip. My scan gauge is showing from 11-12.5 volts when the light is on. But the issue is only intermittent and sometimes I will start the vehicle and the light isn't on and I'm showing more normal range voltage (13.8-14.5v). This has been going on for weeks and it's probably about half the time when the light is on. I daily drive the lexus, but this hasn't caused any problems and I haven't had any problems starting or running electronic accessories.

Is this a sign of a failing alternator? I'm at 250k miles with the original alternator, so I'll probably replace it sometime anyway, but if there's another likely cause that I can address earlier, I'd love to know about it.

Thanks!

To eliminte the alternator issue, if you are near 220-250K miles, and still have the factory alternator, install an OEM brush kit into the alternator. If it is an aftermarket, then locate a good used OEM alternator or get a reman Denso alternator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom