For Sale 2000 Lexus LX 470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LX 470 with 179,400 miles

I'm the second owner, but have every single maintenance record from the time it was brand new. This is a very highly maintained cruiser and is up to date on everything as far as I know.

It has never been offroad, no rust, everything works. This was used as a kid hauler by an executive in the Bay Area. I bought it to turn it in to an offroad rig, but decided I don't really have time for this project right now.

Title in hand

Please note - the previous owner hit something in their driveway so it has a new hood and new front bumper (this is a positive or negative as it looks brand new)

Let me know if you want it or have any specific questions.

updated - SOLD

lexus1.jpg

lexus2.jpg

lexus3.jpg

lexus4.jpg

lexus5.jpg

Last edited:
When was the timing belt, water pump, brakes and tires last replaced? Any leaks, noises, issues that need addressed?
Also, did PO share any pictures of the damage that happened in their driveway?

Timing belt service at 80k and 160k. Brake rotors and pads front and rear last changed at 160k. Tires still have quite a bit of life left, but 1 of the 4 is a slightly different Michelin tire (obviously same size). Steering rack and tie rods replaced at 178k. Many fluid flushes over the years. I literally have two full folders of maintenance records and it seems like every time they went in they had stuff done that likely didn't need to be done. They were busy executives and just paid the service. I didn't see photos of the hood and bumper damage, but I do have an invoice for the work and they paid cash for it. Upon closer inspection it was hood, bumper, right fender, and new right headlight. She said their 17 year old daughter hit something in their driveway so they just paid cash to fix it.

There is a very slight clunk from park to drive occasionally (not every time) and even less consistently going in to reverse. The stitching on the center seam of the drivers seat is coming undone a bit. The drivers side passenger door handle is slightly loose so the door panel needs to be pulled to tighten (as far as I know). The trim piece under the grill and around the right headlight are slightly cracked so I have new items arriving any day from the Lexus dealer to replace.

Thanks! Can you post picture of the broken trim? I will be in the Bay Area next week. Will try to squeeze some time out of my schedule to come take a look at the truck.

Anyone know what the “clunk” could be?

I can snap a photo of the broken trim however 1 of the 2 new pieces already arrived and the other new piece is set to ship on the 23rd and will likely take only a day or two to arrive. If it doesn't sell before the end of the week, then the question will be if it is worth getting the plastic pieces painted at a body shop, leaving as is (primed white), or using a rattle can.

There is a huge thread on the 100 series forum about the "clunk". It is very common and every 100 series I've been in has done it (this one less so). I think it can be something minor like lube, but can be worn parts as well. Many lists exist on this forum of things to check in specific order.

Here are the photos of the broken pieces. All new replacement parts will be here by the end of the week. For whatever reason these are fairly common pieces to break.

grill1.jpg

grill2.jpg

grill3.jpg

Thanks! I will do some research on the clunk and get back to you.

I have both front trim pieces and the top rubber seal in my possession. They were ordered direct from my local Lexus dealer. I now need to get the trim pieces painted at my local body shop. This is a great rig with tons of maintenance history if anyone wants a clean no rust LX470.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom