2000 LC with 303k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ive looked all over and im sure someone is going to send me a link I couldnt find. Anyways my question to the wisdom of this group is should I be worried about the mileage?
It really depends on the previous owner(s) and how it has been used/maintained. To me the mileage really isn’t that important without context.

If it’s still owned by the original owner and taken to the dealer every few thousand miles, with an open checkbook, or owned by an enthusiast that has taken good care of the vehicle and kept up on preventative maintenance, that’s one thing.

If it’s been owned by an owner that drives it, puts gas in it, and only takes it to a shop when it quits working (or something falls off), that’s something entirely different.

If it’s sat unused for an extended period of time, that can create its own problems as well.

I was only referring to the engine. Yes of course there could be tons of issue with other components. The trans could be jacked, transfer case crap, I get all that. I was only asking if the motor was properly maintained what kind of mileage a person could expect. Ive seen 600kmiles? I thought id ask on here as this is a cult following and you guys should know. Asking price was 6.5k

For the most part the engine is a well designed, lazy V8, that is understressed, it is fairly solid, and if properly maintained shouldn’t be an issue. The way that they’re typically “killed” is overheating. Very few people try to rebuild the 2UZ-FE. Most with a “bad engine” seem to replace with a lower mileage used engine.

My kid is 15 thought if I could get this at a fair enough price it would be a good high school car for him.........and me LOL
Almost 10 years ago, I bought a lesser mile, but neglected 2000 100 series for my son’s first car. I don’t think I’d call my son a “car enthusiast”, but he likes his vehicle, that is nearly his age, and is still happily driving it ~10 years later.

Another question can this 100 series compete with and 80s as far as capability? seriously I dont know. I know one is straight axle the other IFS

An 80 with factory (axle) lockers is somewhat more capable, due to front axle articulation, and traction. If you’re wanting more than ~2” of lift, and more than ~33” tires, it’s much easier on an 80 series. If you’re spending most of your time on the street, or have a long drive to get to your “wheeling spots”, the 100 series is much more pleasant, and it does do fairly well off-road.

One could argue that any 16-25 year old vehicle, is going to require some level of “enthusiast”, to keep on the road. Rubber bushings go bad, plastic parts get brittle, gaskets start to leak, things do wear out, but the 2UZ-FE (engine) is probably the least of your worries.

Last edited:
Mine is currently setting at 447k. It had been well maintained before I purchased it but that didn't mean that I didn't still have to do some maintenance to it to get it where I wanted it to be; timing belt job, exhaust manifold, steering rack, globes, etc... The work I put in the first few months I had the vehicle have allowed me to drive it for the last year basically worry free.

If you’re trying to save $$. I’d bet you could get away with a 2UZ 4Runner (4th gen V8). I got 230k(190k at purchase) on mine and it was a good bit cheaper than a 100. It’s not loaded and it’s not an LC but it also has less things to break and is a little smaller. I wouldn’t buy a cheap 100 because I don’t do tons of my own work, time is always an issue for me. I’m currently willing to pay between 12-18k on a rustless Hundy depending on what’s been maintained on it. Haven’t been in a rush to by either with prices still dropping.

For what it’s worth I bought for 6500 cash, after replacing suspension and a big baseline 5 years ago, small stuff as needed my total cost is about 12.5k. Almost all work I paid a shop that a friend runs.
Having owned a 94 80 series, a 03 GX470, a 04 T4R Limited V8 4WD, and 06 LX470 (all from new). I’ll offer a different opinion, the 4th gen V8 T4R would be my last choice of that bunch. The T4R felt quick & nimble, but cheap, built to a price point, small, lacked headroom, lacked visibility, and seemed inferior compared to the others. I saved the T4R thinking that it would be a nice first car for my son. When my son started driving with his learners permit, he much preferred my (DD) LX, and tried to talk me into a 200 series (for me) so he could inherit my hand me down LX. I wasn’t real impressed with the 200 series, so we traded the T4R (even up) for a 00 LC.

Last edited:
No I haven't bought it as I haven't seen it. I was only referring to the engine. Yes of course there could be tons of issue with other components. The trans could be jacked, transfer case crap, I get all that. I was only asking if the motor was properly maintained what kind of mileage a person could expect. Ive seen 600kmiles? I thought id ask on here as this is a cult following and you guys should know. Asking price was 6.5k
If you don't buy it, PM me with the details. I'm local and looking for a good base for a trail rig.

We just got out 3rd 100 Series, it’s a 2003 with 240K on the odometer but it’s been meticulously serviced by the previous owner since day one by Lexus up until current.

I’m a 17 year Mercedes Technician and intend of continuing the maintenance AND preventative maintenance and I know she will last us a long time!

Over the years we’ve owned 6 different Cruisers and sold them with well over 200K miles. I saw this all the time but I this one will be a keeper!

Ive looked all over and im sure someone is going to send me a link I couldnt find. Anyways my question to the wisdom of this group is should I be worried about the mileage?
Buy mine instead! 278,000 miles. Super clean and fantastic maintenance. $19k in houston area
1674356704736.jpeg
1674356477325.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom