2000 LC with 303k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ive looked all over and im sure someone is going to send me a link I couldnt find. Anyways my question to the wisdom of this group is should I be worried about the mileage?

LOL I am loving the onslaught of these types of threads lately.

My answer to you, with the minimal amount of information you provided, is YES absolutely you should be worried. The land cruiser isn't this magical vehicle that can just survive forever without any repairs. It will take a lot more abuse than most vehicles but it's got 300k miles and its 22 years old

I assume you just bought the vehicle? Any previous maintenance history? What is your end use ( daily driver / off road warrior ) ? How rusty is it?

My answer to you, with the minimal amount of information you provided, is YES absolutely you should be worried. The land cruiser isn't this magical vehicle that can just survive forever without any repairs. It will take a lot more abuse than most vehicles but it's got 300k miles and its 22 years old

I assume you just bought the vehicle? Any previous maintenance history? What is your end use ( daily driver / off road warrior ) ? How rusty is it?
Dude you can't say that kind of thing on here! You trying to get banned?:D

Last edited:
Depends...on a lot of things.

My 100 is my daily driver and adventure vehicle. At 376k miles I don't worry about it at all since it was well maintained before I bought it and I have been very busy throwing maintenance $$$$ at it the past 7 years to keep it dependable.

Dude you can't say that kind of thing on here! You trying to get banned?:rofl:
LOL i'm waiting to see who gets there panties in a bunch. One time I talked about jeeps and I could hear people beginning to cry.

I mean come on, the reality is we all own these trucks because they have the potential to go go go go . But that doesn't happen without proper maintenance .

Ive looked all over and im sure someone is going to send me a link I couldnt find. Anyways my question to the wisdom of this group is should I be worried about the mileage?
Do your due diligence. If the vehicle had good maintenance you’ll be fine. You’ll need to replace wear items, of course, but the bones on these trucks are strong. In most cases the engine, transmission, and body are bullet proof (unless you’re in the rust belt). My 22 year old 300k mile 100 still feels as solid as a new vehicle, and I trust it more than my wife’s 7 year old 125k mile Jeep.

No I haven't bought it as I haven't seen it. I was only referring to the engine. Yes of course there could be tons of issue with other components. The trans could be jacked, transfer case crap, I get all that. I was only asking if the motor was properly maintained what kind of mileage a person could expect. Ive seen 600kmiles? I thought id ask on here as this is a cult following and you guys should know. Asking price was 6.5k

I see we aren’t that far apart. If you’d like help checking a truck out, I’d be happy to help.

No I haven't bought it as I haven't seen it. I was only referring to the engine. Yes of course there could be tons of issue with other components. The trans could be jacked, transfer case crap, I get all that. I was only asking if the motor was properly maintained what kind of mileage a person could expect. Ive seen 600kmiles? I thought id ask on here as this is a cult following and you guys should know. Asking price was 6.5k
the 2UZ is a proven million mile motor!

Oh alright, gotcha.

Yes, generally speaking the 2UZ motor will go 500k+ but that involves general maintenance especially with the cooling system and it won't make it anywhere near that far without proper servicing.
>> check out the high mileage thread, You'll find many people easily making it over 200... a bunch more get over 300.... but only a few dozen posting 400+k mile vehicles and not many over 500.......Not saying it can't be done just takes a lot of love to get there.
>>Post your high-mileage 100-series!!! - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/post-your-high-mileage-100-series.270848/

For $6.5k it's worth taking a closer look

Oh alright, gotcha.

Yes, generally speaking the 2UZ motor will go 500k+ but that involves general maintenance especially with the cooling system and it won't make it anywhere near that far without proper servicing.
>> check out the high mileage thread, You'll find many people easily making it over 200... a bunch more get over 300.... but only a few dozen posting 400+k mile vehicles and not many over 500.......Not saying it can't be done just takes a lot of love to get there.
>>Post your high-mileage 100-series!!! - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/post-your-high-mileage-100-series.270848/

For $6.5k it's worth taking a closer look
Your post and the one before yours is what I was looking for. Thanks for the response. My kid is 15 thought if I could get this at a fair enough price it would be a good high school car for him.........and me LOL

Your post and the one before yours is what I was looking for. Thanks for the response. My kid is 15 thought if I could get this at a fair enough price it would be a good high school car for him.........and me LOL
Totally, who's selling it ? possibly a member here?

Let's get some more pics and info when you check it out. The reality is for $6k you can't get much else, at least not in my neck of the woods. I'd take a 300k mile cruiser over a 150k mile beater.

Fingers crossed it's in good shape and you make out good. Fuel mileage isn't too hot but it's more about smiles per gallon, not miles.

Yes and no. My 1998 has over 450k miles on it. I maintain it to a T. Regular replacement of all fluids, bearing repacks, general chassis lubes, filters, etc. since i bought it new. The only thing that does not work perfectly is the green D light on the instrument cluster. Heck, my power antenna even works (and it is original - thank regular clean and lube for that).

Many high mileage 100s don’t have that level of maintenance. And some are rusty, have had accidents, etc.

So it really depends on the vehicle.

Totally, who's selling it ? possibly a member here?

Let's get some more pics and info when you check it out. The reality is for $6k you can't get much else, at least not in my neck of the woods. I'd take a 300k mile cruiser over a 150k mile beater.

Fingers crossed it's in good shape and you make out good. Fuel mileage isn't too hot but it's more about smiles per gallon, not miles.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Another question can this 100 series compete with and 80s as far as capability? seriously I dont know. I know one is straight axle the other IFS

Exactly what I was thinking.

Another question can this 100 series compete with and 80s as far as capability? seriously I dont know. I know one is straight axle the other IFS
Just a matter of opinion and what you plan to do. Generally speaking the off road crew who likes to lift and rally over hard terrain prefer the 80.

Personally I prefer the more modern features of the 100. I don't rock crawl but have done my fair share of pretty extreme off roading without any issues. I can go from climbing a mountain in 4 low for hours off to a highway at 80mph.

I do believe the 100 series is one of the best vehicles ever made. The 80 was an off road warrior, the 200 is a mall crawler, the 100 is right in that sweet spot. Also it was created at a time where car manufactures really started to figure stuff out and actually wanted to make tough vehicles that last, not just so they last long enough to get past the warranty period.

Just a matter of opinion and what you plan to do. Generally speaking the off road crew who likes to lift and rally over hard terrain prefer the 80.

Personally I prefer the more modern features of the 100. I don't rock crawl but have done my fair share of pretty extreme off roading without any issues. I can go from climbing a mountain in 4 low for hours off to a highway at 80mph.

I do believe the 100 series is one of the best vehicles ever made. The 80 was an off road warrior, the 200 is a mall crawler, the 100 is right in that sweet spot. Also it was created at a time where car manufactures really started to figure stuff out and actually wanted to make tough vehicles that last, not just so they last long enough to get past the warranty period.
As someone who owns a FJ60, 100, and 200. All since new. 200s may be nice but underneath they are all Land Cruiser.

If you’re trying to save $$. I’d bet you could get away with a 2UZ 4Runner (4th gen V8). I got 230k(190k at purchase) on mine and it was a good bit cheaper than a 100. It’s not loaded and it’s not an LC but it also has less things to break and is a little smaller. I wouldn’t buy a cheap 100 because I don’t do tons of my own work, time is always an issue for me. I’m currently willing to pay between 12-18k on a rustless Hundy depending on what’s been maintained on it. Haven’t been in a rush to by either with prices still dropping.

For what it’s worth I bought for 6500 cash, after replacing suspension and a big baseline 5 years ago, small stuff as needed my total cost is about 12.5k. Almost all work I paid a shop that a friend runs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom