2000 LC Climate Control panel has mind of its own! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I spend 95% of my time in the '40 section, but my girlfriend has a 100 series that from time to time has some problems. It is a 2000. Non touch screen.

The climate control panel is not very responsive, it has a lag between making an adjustment and it actually doing it. Example:

Set the temp knob to what you want, then turn the fan speed on medium, it will take 5 minutes to start blowing at that speed.

Has anyone had similar problems?

Is it in auto? It will wait for temp in the heater core to rise so it doesn’t blow cold air. Turn auto off and it will do what you ask.

That has no effect. Auto or no auto, itll still have a delay. If you try and adjust any setting it takes it a few minutes to recognize it and start working as it should.

Very weird.

So I guess my first part to replace would be the control module?

I'd check the nut behind the temperature control knob first. If it's loose, that could cause your symptoms.

I'm assuming the earlier rigs have this same device but check that the temp sensor in the cabin, located behind some vents below the ignition, and make sure the tube is still attached to the back. If it;s especially dirty or dusty, as most are at these ages, you might need to remove it and clean. I think your issue is more electrical, like the loose nut suggestion, but failing that this is a free repair and reasonably simple once you pop the panel. Might prevent spending money chasing parts.

I spend 95% of my time in the '40 section, but my girlfriend has a 100 series that from time to time has some problems. It is a 2000. Non touch screen.

The climate control panel is not very responsive, it has a lag between making an adjustment and it actually doing it. Example:

Set the temp knob to what you want, then turn the fan speed on medium, it will take 5 minutes to start blowing at that speed.

I have had a similar issue. I replaced the sensor with no luck. I ended up replacing the entire front temp control panel and that fixed it.

I had a similar post. Check out my post on 2000 LC with a climate control issue. I first installed a new sensor with no luck. I ordered a used front climate control panel and that solved the problem. It’s an easy swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom