For Sale 2000 LC 102k miles, Spokane WA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not my truck / not my listing:
Sharing a link for other LC fans to ogle: a one owner Imperial Jade Mica on Bring A Trailer.
Already bid to $15.5k with 5 days left in the auction.

Commenting because that may be the first 100 series on bat.... Future looks good for value on these!

Commenting because that may be the first 100 series on bat.... Future looks good for value on these!

Been a long time follower of BAT and yes this is the first 100 I’ve seen there. Not sure that’s a good thing if you don’t own a clean example by now.

I only recently started looking at BAT, the same time I started looking to buy a LC...I had noticed a price drop from '97 fj80(more) to 100 series(less) in general, and I suspect there are a bunch of reasons why....I was surprised to see how quickly this auction ran up to 15K....Im picking up a High Mile 2001LC today actually and will officially become a cash poor truck rich member of the 100 series group, sneaking in at the last possible second!!!

They curate the vehicles that are listed, have to meet some requirements of age, quality, presentation... Still a private sale but not eBay or Craigslist... Real fun to just scroll through the various auctions, and they keep a record of all sale prices on their site for vehicle groupings - like "land cruiser"

BaT is very legit. I bought a <100k miles 1990 4Runner there from Texas. It was in very good condition. Would definitely use BaT again.

BaT lists unusual and interesting cars, as well as well maintained, low mileage examples of popular cars.

As @4LoforSno said, they curate the listings. However the confidence inspiring thing for the buyer is the community comments - you get people asking questions of the seller and the seller responds over the duration of the 7 day auction - you can see if the seller is being transparent and therefore you get very good information discovery - as good as you are going to get without being there in person. The auction format (resets clock for 2 mins if there's a new bid) means that the seller has confidence that the listing will go to the high bidder, not just some bot that came in just before the auction closes. That means that you generally get great quality vehicles, and you can occasionally get them for less than you might expect.

I have not bought or ever even considered buying, I was not aware that the countdown clock reset like that, excellent format from the sounds of it, must be a reason that the site is doing so well!

I have been a BAT addict for several years. I have seen the site go from odd ball import stuff to nationwide interesting diversity. They do a very good job. The comments are filled with knowledgable folks who are typically experts on the mark they are commenting on. High end group of mature commenters. Very little flaming and crazies. I frankly miss these comments on ebay and craigslist now that I am so used to them on BAT. It is my daily morning read and has been a world of information about my favorite models. I try to add knowledge when I have something to offer. Great site.

So far it’s a good price. An hour to go and I expect I’ll get squeezed out.

Beyond-stupid money for an early 100.

$25000 all-in.

Wow! Agreed, I just paid $8.9k for '01 LC w high mi, really clean interior, good maint history... Stock. Feeling good about my purchase 😎

fyi a response from BaT:

We do not currently have a model page for the 100 series, so we would not be able to tag "Land Cruiser" tag to that one until that series has it's own page.

We have recently been adding more and more model pages on our site so that you can set alerts for specific models.

I've relayed your feedback to the team. We've listed quite a few 100 Series at this point, and we won't be surprised to see a model page for it in the near future as we continue to roll out new model pages.

You can also keep an eye out on our Daily Mail Newsletter for any new listings that go live on our site!

Thanks again!

Long time follower of BAT in the Land Rover space. BAT pricing is interesting. If two very interested parties or more are bidding, emotion overrides reality and prices go higher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom