2000 Land Cruiser - which Master Brake Cylinder should I purchase ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m looking for replace the master brake cylinder in my 2000 Land Cruiser as preventative maintenance because the prices are more favorable than ever. My local dealership here in Houston is telling me I need 47050-60012 (for Land Cruisers without VSC), while the parts department guy at McGeorge Toyota is telling me I need 47050-60041 (for Land Cruisers with VSC). At this point, I don’t know who to believe. Any ideas?

My truck was built in November of 1999 if that helps.

01537F76-8C7F-42B5-AD53-FE9D3591C195.jpeg

When you turn your ignition on, does VSC light up on the instrument cluster? If so, then you have VSC.

Are you taking out a working master brake cylinder to replace it with another working master brake cylinder? If so, Huh? They are not $12 heater Ts.

2000 MY is what you have, that is 1st year of ATRAC-and you would need the master with atrac-VSC actuator.

I wouldn’t replace a working unit preemptively-but if you plan to keep your truck for the long run, and your worried about the prices or future availability, provide you VIN to parts and buy the completebrake booster assembly with master cylinder” and keep it on hand.

Occasionally Toyota runs sales on parts and that’s the time scoop one up at 50% off

47050-60041 or 47050-60042 fit 2000 but need to confirm based on your VIN

Last edited:
Maybe sell the 23 year old master at half the price at Mr T parts store or keep it in the personal part stash?
If I go through with this, I was planning on selling the old one on eBay.

I know it may seem silly to replace a working master brake cylinder, but at 182,000 miles and 23 years old I want to feel 100% comfortable taking this truck anywhere, and not worrying about my brakes randomly going out. It’s more of a peace of mind thing. Buy once cry once.

The braking system on the 100's really robust and has a lot of safety built in.

Assuming the master's fully charged, the notes on the Aisin reservoir suggests you get up to 40 pedal (in reality its closer to 25-30 full pumps in good condition) pumps on your brakes in a case where there's a power cut / truck went dead on the freeway scenario before the brake system's fully depressurized. It's probably good enough to bring the truck to a stop even when you're towing.

On a toaster like the Sienna V6 it's like 2-3 pumps before losing brakes.

If I go through with this, I was planning on selling the old one on eBay.

I know it may seem silly to replace a working master brake cylinder, but at 182,000 miles and 23 years old I want to feel 100% comfortable taking this truck anywhere, and not worrying about my brakes randomly going out. It’s more of a peace of mind thing. Buy once cry once.
You are probably more likely to be stranded with 3 or 4 flat tires at the same time than your brakes going out. It is an expensive repair but it is not a common problem. I may have five hundy boosters go out today but until now I wish I had a penny for every mile I have on good brakes. Not one mile with bad brakes, so far.

I too own a 2000 and there is a difference in mid year. The pressure switch (3 wire connector) can be either triangular or oval. Mine is triangular so I ordered the correct part. try entering your VIN into partsouq.com and see which pump fits to make sure you get the right part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom