2000 Land Cruiser Starting Problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I have a 2000 Land Cruiser which has a typical starting problem.

I have a uphill driveway and I park the Cruiser there. If I leave the it there for couple of days it will not start. First I thought it is the battery and I replaced it with the original Toyota battery. The interesting thing is, as soon as I bring the car to the normal level, I put it in N and bring it down , it will start.

Otherwise there is no other problem. When it has the problem, the starter will not crank at all, like a dead battery.

Any body has this seen this type of problem?

Now a days I park it in the street, normal level, not up hill. So no problems.

Thanks in advance.

I believe this belongs in 100 series tech. Those guys would probably be a lot more helpful to you.

thomasjoy said:
Hi,

I have a 2000 Land Cruiser which has a typical starting problem.

I have a uphill driveway and I park the Cruiser there. If I leave the it there for couple of days it will not start. First I thought it is the battery and I replaced it with the original Toyota battery. The interesting thing is, as soon as I bring the car to the normal level, I put it in N and bring it down , it will start.

Otherwise there is no other problem. When it has the problem, the starter will not crank at all, like a dead battery.

Any body has this seen this type of problem?

Now a days I park it in the street, normal level, not up hill. So no problems.

Thanks in advance.

If that's a very steep driveway, fuel may not be getting to your engine because of the steep incline.

Kalawang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom