SOLD 2000 Land Cruiser NE WI 222,000mi (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
I've wanted a Land Cruiser since I helped push one out of the mud in Nepal way back in '86 so when I got the chance I bought this 2000 LC from my 80 year old father-in-law (who babied it) in '16, thinking I'd take it up to the UP and have some fun in the mud. I added the big tires and winch but only went up there twice -- it takes too much time and gas and I didn't like what the brush did to the clear coat nor what the ground did to the running boards; besides, I get enough excitement driving around in the snow. I love the vehicle and had planned to keep it forever (hence the FSM) but . . . I am upgrading to a 200. I'll keep that forever.

The GOOD:
Never been in an accident.
FSM
Superwinch X9
3 keys
My father-in-law told me around 6 years ago that he had the brake lines and master cylinder replaced but it doesn't show up on Carfax. They look newer than everything else under the hood.
189,407 new AC O-rings
196,019 new battery
196,422 new hood stays
202,867 new timing belt, tensioner, pulley, waterpump, spark plugs, serp belt and tensioner, air filter, frame lube, ATF exchange, 2x diff & transfer case serviced, coolant tee's,
205,924 new BFG tires
207,260 all 4 calipers rebuilt, new pads, new front bearings
217,316 new headlamps & highbeams

The BAD:
Couple chips in windshield
"D" light failed
Antenna motor works but does not go down
Neither CD nor tape player work
Need to charge AC every June
On a couple of occasions when accelerating up a hill at highway speeds I felt a little "pulse" which I cannot replicate; I will replace 21 year old fuel filter Tuesday when the new one arrives
Broken light housing

The UGLY:
Marks in clear coat from sticks/brush & pine tar drops
One rust spot
Bent running boards

LC4.jpg
LC8.jpg

LC1.jpg
LC2.jpg
LC3.jpg

did I miss the price?

He bought it in January of 2000 and retired to Florida in 2003 so it has only spent 8 or so winters in Wisconsin.

Regarding the occasional bucking under load, neither a new fuel filter, injector cleaning nor MAF cleaning fixed it, but replacing all the ignition coils did. Looks like 5 of them were originals -- 21 years is about all I can ask of them. She's hummin' like a turbojet now.

I'm surprised no one has jumped on it. I'm a Michigander fellow rust belt member. That rust doesn't scare me at all. What has the feedback been on the car locally? I am getting interested.

I've run a couple Craigslist ads and the few inquiries that bother to follow up are always say they're looking pay $1000-$2000 less than my price and that's before they get here and offer even less. Every day I struggle with raising the price back up or pulling it off the market because it's got easily 10 years of good life in it and honestly at this point I should just keep it. I can just park it out back or leave it in at my cabin and use it in deep snow or if I need to haul wood or something. I put the new windshield and coils in because I decided to keep it but I really don't drive much and once my 200 came in, I look at it like I look at my first motorcycle which I was supposed to sell in 2016 . . . having one sitting in my garage most of the time is bad, having two is crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom