For Sale 2000 Land cruiser in Los Angeles - It was never meant to be (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought this time-less Land Cruiser 2000 (UZJ100 series) in February 2015, I was going to head to Anchorage, Alaska with family and friends, but life happened, I am now moving to Australia because of work.

VIN JT3HT05J6Y0105265 (No accidents, no mechanical problems, California title/pink-slip on hand, 195k miles, no engine codes, car dealer guarantee service contract good through Sep 2015). OME suspension & torsion bars, 4WD, V8 4.7L, 7 seats/7 passengers, all-leather, cruise control, tow package, 2UZ-FE engine, 5 Toyo A/T 285/75R16 tires, 1 brand new master key, 1 used master key and 1 valet key.

An independent mechanic in Laguna Beach checked the truck pre-purchase, and only found a minor alignment problem, which I fixed. I also took it to K&H Import Auto Repair in Los Angeles, I was told I had nothing to worry about, only to continue doing preventive maintenance. This car will give you 10 years / 150k miles of service with proper care, no doubt.

Asking $11,000 (I paid $12,000 for the truck, I am also throwing in the following items that I added during these months, aprox. $3,000 in value for ih8mud members!):

- Two new tires (March 2015, installed, rotated and balanced/aligned) - $675
- New master key (programmed and working) - $350
- Die Hard Platinum Marine Battery Group Size 31M (not installed) - $305
- 12 volt 1.5 gal air compressor Puma Hotdog PD-1006 (you can air your tires up and run air tools) - $220
- WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit (perfect fit, front and middle row) - $190
- ScanGauge II (Scans for engine codes, it also shows fuel efficiency and many other things) - $160
- Bag of assorted tools (including a set of craftsman screwdrivers and a Leatherman crunch) - $150
- Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700 Peak Amp 12-Volt Jump Starter - $150
- Toyota Land cruiser 2000 Repair manual (service shop, 2 volumes + Electrical wiring diagram) - $140
- Safe jack bottle jack baseplate combo - $110
- Slee Off-road main battery kit (SOF1264, not installed) - $100
- Gorilla / Gladiator cargo net (Model GRN-100, holds cargo in the back or roof rack) - $100
- Sprayed all the under-carriage with Fluid Film (you won't have rust issues for a year, but don't forget to do it every year) - $80
- Putco Back-up/Reverse Light (installed) - $65
- Covercraft Car Sun Shade (fits perfectly, see pictures) - $50
- Auto Light Truck Kit Tire Repair Kit 30 Repairs in Storable Bag - $50
- Mobil 1 94001 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil - 1 Quart (Pack of 6) - $40
- Putco Pure Halogen Premium Lighting Ion Spark White (9006 and 9005/Low and High beams, installed) - $40
- Toyota Genuine Fluid 00272-1LLAC-01 Long Life Coolant - 1 Gallon - $40
- DieHard Gold 16ft. - 225A - 6 Gauge Booster Cable - $40

Things you might care about (see pictures):

- Right mirror was cracked by previous owner (easy repair)
- Left passenger door has a small chip on the plastic trim
- Driver seat has a do-it-yourself fix and some stiches falling apart
- Exhaust makes a very deep, race-car-like sound (SMOG passed without problems though)
- It comes with new speakers in the front doors and after-market Pioneer DVD AV receiver (AVH-P3400BH), but it is not connected

More pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j2iq2uo21vkaxc2/AADqK0NHaANgAW-BqQ8ZBfl_a?dl=0 (Just close the invite to join dropbox, album is public)

01.jpg
12.jpg
61.jpg
65.jpg
66.jpg

Last edited:
Not really every single $ I spent, just the list of things the lucky owner will get in his/her hands.

Price drop, asking $11,000

- Tripp Lite PV150 Portable Auto Inverter 150W 12V DC to AC 120V 5-15R 1 Outlet - $30
- The Most Scenic Drives in America, Newly Revised and Updated: 120 Spectacular Road Trips - $20
- Off the Beaten Path: A Travel Guide to More Than 1000 Scenic and Interesting Places Still Uncrowded and Inviting - $22
- Simple Green 13421 Pro HD Heavy Duty Cleaner, 1 Gallon Bottle - $25
- STOKO 30362 Hand Cleaner - $23.5
- Toyota 85242-60050, Windshield Wiper Blade (Installed) - $15
- Milton S976 Dual Head Chuck Service Gauge - 10 - 160 PSI - $17
- Sharpie Oil-Based Medium Point Paint Marker, Assorted Colors, 5-Pack (1770458) - $13
- STEELMAN 00062 Yellow Tire Marking Crayon - $7
- Microtidy Microfiber Towel Set - $17
- Eastwood Internal Frame Coating Rust Prevention w/Spray Nozzle - $22
- Eastwood Rubberized Rust Encapsulator Black Undercoating 15oz. Aerosol - $25
- Eastwood Rust Converter Aerosol Stop & Prevent Rust - $22

Any air fresheners? :D Just messing around - but these things in particular probably have the opposite effect you're going for by including them. It makes the ad harder to scan through and those are all very trivial things that will not persuade someone to buy your truck. Just my $.02

Thanks for the feedback, I removed those items from the list, I guess I am getting car-sick, I wish I could keep it, it is such a nice rig.

Last edited:
Beautiful rig

I looked at a 01 and 00 in Los Angeles last two weeks (I am in the market to add another). Same miles as yours and records but stock

I am going to subscribe to this thread and keep an eye on the price

Good question, unfortunately, the previous owner didn't keep any record, but I am including both CARFAX and VINCheckPro reports for free ($90 value).
Both mechanics did a thorough check and didn't point anything but the, fixed now, alignment.
You can see in the CARFAX I also took it to Culver City Toyota, they didn't find/recommend anything either (I was quite impressed actually).

Attachments

• CARFAX.pdf
    708.2 KB · Views: 155
  • vincheckpro.pdf
    293.2 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
So you are the 6th owner of this truck ?!

Given it spent so much time in CT & NY any rust ?

Yeah, the truck has seen the road, I was hoping I would be the last owner. I didn't mind the number of owners, because it has been at a dealer 4 times (I took it from a dealer in San Diego myself, the owner was still financing).

I linked pictures of the under-carriage, it is pretty clean, no major issues in frame or body, I have seen rust from the east coast, this truck looks nothing like that.

Both mechanics reported it as "no rust issues". Being pedantic though, the muffler and the spare tire holding chain/fastener did show signs of rust when I bought it, I scrubbed everything, pressured-washed and I applied 9 cans of Fluid Film, done yearly will prevent any problem.

BTW, I am including both the spare OEM tire and the fifth Toyo A/T, it's not mounted because I was planning to paint the chain per the above, touch the wheel up, paint it Mazda gray and put it into rotation (the tire is bigger, so I was also going to remove the plate/rod for the tire not to hang too low, there is a thread about that in here).

It will stay with a friend until I am back next year and have time to deal with this, I am now focusing on moving/shipping companies and the new Diesel!!! Toyota Prado "Ute" for the family :), thanks for the feedback and happy hunting!

No, it's with a friend, he will have the battery installed and I will put it for sale again next year when I am back for a few days. I will update this thread first before going to Craig's list and other venues. Thanks for the interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom