2000 land cruiser. 56k. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok so the receiver hitch came in today and a buddy of mine helped me put it one. The Reese 37042 works but you have to do one modification to the bracket that attaches to the frame of the LC. That bracket is 1/4 inch iron, so it is pretty thick. The slots/holes it had didn’t fit the bolts holes of the frame. Fortunately my buddy had a heavy duty drill press and we drilled a new hole to make it fit. The bottom of the hitch is 9.5 inches off the ground. A little low but I am not really off roading so it should work. I will post a picture of the cooler/rod rack in place tomorrow when there is more light.

7EB2DB07-7570-481D-99D6-D43CBE349D38.jpeg

Congrats on an awesome find- I found my 2000 TLC in Arizona from an old lady that only drove it to the grocery store as well- had 65K but I paid 16K! You did very well my friend- welcome to the Crusier family.

Congrats on an awesome find- I found my 2000 TLC in Arizona from an old lady that only drove it to the grocery store as well- had 65K but I paid 16K! You did very well my friend- welcome to the Crusier family.

When did you buy it? Do you have pictures?

April 2016- just dug up the old thread- actually it was 68K and I paid 16.9! Love her dearly still though- up to 108K and no major issues. Here is the original thread:

April 2016- just dug up the old thread- actually it was 68K and I paid 16.9! Love her dearly still though- up to 108K and no major issues. Here is the original thread:

I like the color of your LC. I just finished reading that thread. When you went up in tire size did that change your mileage calculation? Was 60 mph still 60?

I like the color of your LC. I just finished reading that thread. When you went up in tire size did that change your mileage calculation? Was 60 mph still 60?
No- slightly higher than 60. If I remember right the faster you go the more the speedometer is off but I stopped paying attention after a while... I have winter tires that are even larger and for those I am around 3 mph faster than the speedometer reads around 80mph.

So here is a picture of the rack on the LC. The rack does look low however it isn’t any lower than the receiver hitch. Which is 9.5”

566D11CF-574C-44E9-80BD-EF4FACA42A47.jpeg

Well there goes your approach angle....but I'm still willing to take it off your hands ;)

@sammybones I don't think you should buy something like this...you know how dangerous modding a LC can be!

What is everyone’s opinion on removing the two jumper seats in the back? Personally I will never have anyone set back there but from a “preservation “ standpoint should I keep them? I plan on making a elevated platform for the back and removing it will definitely give me more space. But if I ever wanted to sell is that something people generally want? I know I can remove and just store them but my feeling is that if I remove I will just sell them or dispose of them. Would love everyone opinion.

I’d keep them, bag them up!

Like the retro color and its definitely a keepah. I would hold on to this for a lifetime otherwise you may have lots of tears and regret if you ever sell it. I really like the fender flares and they might prevent dirt and rocks from flying up the sides and keep it clean and protected

Last edited:
Here is the first time out at the beach with the front receiver hitch. Unfortunately I broke the bottom of one of my surf rods trying to cross some deep holes to get here today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom