2000 land cruiser 30-43le transmission failure, possible to use innards from 30-43le jeep cherokee donor tranny? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found on this forum that the Aisin 30-43le transmission is used in 1987-2001 jeep cherokees as well as my 2000 land cruiser. I am wondering if it is possible to buy the aisin 30-43le from out of a cherokee and put the innards into my land cruiser transmission case. I just want to know if people have done this before and whether it is possible. I know there's probably going to be hate about putting jeep parts into a landcruiser, understandably, but there is a salvage yard very close to me that has the jeep transmission for $95 compared to 500-1000 far away. I figure same company (aisin) and same model number must mean they are equivalent.. ? Gear ratios? One user stated that they are the same internally, just looking for confirmation.

I'm thinking that a $500 used trans even with shipping would be less hassle than swapping internals around

what happened to your trans?

yep, that's the thread I was looking at.

I'm thinking that a $500 used trans even with shipping would be less hassle than swapping internals around

what happened to your trans?
it would be less hassle for sure, but I have a little time for some hassle right now and thought it might be a "fun" project haha. I haven't torn the whole thing down yet, but from what I have gathered the teeth on the forward planet are completely chewed up and the forward ring gear is missing a tooth. 270,000 miles on it if it's the original transmission so I think it was just its time to go, fluid levels were good and looked ok on the dipstick and didn't smell burnt. I was towing a 2000 lb trailer up a slight incline on I-80 and she just let go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom