200 series power steps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Actually these are an easy bolt on solution. They use existing mounting locations. I’ll do a write up or video of the install.

These are not sliders so they are light and don’t need any welding but they also won’t protect you against big boulders.

I meant AHC not KDSS! Sorry my brain is all over the place because I've also been looking into wheel/tire options since I'm not really liking the new 33" Mickey Thompsons I got. It clears but I had to modify the mounting plates. I would try to have the manufacturer update these for an order but I'm guessing it won't be enough orders for them to change. If that's the case I can modify and paint them prior to shipping out to everyone. It's only the drivers front that need to be dremeled a bit.

View attachment 3324565
View attachment 3324566

Forgot to ask you what you didn’t like about baja boss. Share your specific tire as well please.

Are they manually adjusted or they auto pop down when you open the door and up when you close it? New to this concept other than seeing them on a buddy’s Navigator.

Are they manually adjusted or they auto pop down when you open the door and up when you close it? New to this concept other than seeing them on a buddy’s Navigator.

Probably tied to trigger off entry lights.

Looks like they are tied to a circuit that activates when the door is opened by default. If you had an LX, (maybe newer LCs have this function as well?), I bet you could tie it to the approach courtesy lights which would be even more fun. That way they'd extend as you walked up to the vehicle.

I have the T Max steps on mine, the trigger is a sensor on all four door jambs and a magnet on the door. I might be in for a set. Mine came with my car and sometimes get a mind of their own. I had a motor go out on one and found a T Max person on facebook who was in Asia and he was able to send one to me.

They are great with kids and older parents.

I have the T Max steps on mine, the trigger is a sensor on all four door jambs and a magnet on the door. I might be in for a set. Mine came with my car and sometimes get a mind of their own. I had a motor go out on one and found a T Max person on facebook who was in Asia and he was able to send one to me.

They are great with kids and older parents.

Photos please!

Photos please!
74E680AF-0484-4E56-A100-5E7A7D63099E.jpeg
C1D62153-DA2A-4237-8D7C-BBF4D4791610.jpeg

These are wired under the drivers panel so you don't see anything out of the ordinary. Those Tmax steps look pretty beefy. These seem a little shorter in length. Can you post a pic of the Tmax closed as well? I also believe the Tmax is a dual motor where mine are single (one per step vs 2 per step).

If we can get a group buy which seems pretty reasonable from the response so far, I think I can get these to people door for under a $1,000. But please be patient as I still want to put them through the more abuse before anyone else spends money on them. I'm not trying to make a business out of this. I just really wanted power steps and our community didn't have any current options.

Quick update on the steps.

I went to the dealer to replace one of my CV's (tore a boot and started hearing some clicking). They left my lights on and drained (killed) my battery. This lead to an interesting issue with the steps. I kept the bad battery in over the weekend as I needed to order/find a new one. The passenger side step would deploy when a door was opened but would immediately retract. I Thought there might be an issue with the steps since the drivers side was still fine but once I replaced the battery they started working normally again. I believe it was a week voltage signal.

Second item, I took the kids for a short trip off road and thought I could hear some light rubbing from the mounts when I drove home (driver side). I checked and found the rear also makes slight contact with the KDSS lines so I removed them and did some minor trimming. I think I've got it dialed in finally! I still think the mounts and double motor setup is better from the T-Max/Eboards but they still don't seem to be an option.

Not really my style, but this seems like a cool concept for rock slider and power step all in one. Maybe they'd make it for the LC if there was enough interest:

Update

I’ve put some miles on these now and no more squeaks ever since I did the last proper cut. I just didn’t want to cut too much off at once.

The only problem is that we’ve decided to take the family on a sabbatical and travel for a year so I won’t be able to get a group buy going. I can however pass on all the information to anyone interested and provide guidance in install.

At the price point I think it’s a phenomenal value. The unit itself was only $380 and the shipping via air was an additional $300 or so at the time. If we order 6 it can be freight shipped for around $300 for all units but then has to be shipped again to your door so I bet it wouldn’t be a huge savings there. My plan was to modify the front mount for everyone but it’s pretty straightforward if you have a dremel. (See photos below)

IMG_6362.jpeg

I think it’s worthwhile if you very mildly mechanically inclined especially at a cost of $700 Shipped to your door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom