200 Series PopTops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My only wish is that it were a little more low profile. I love what this allows though, the vans and 70 Series aren't the only ones with pop tops now.

This is so rad… any noticeable different in the way it drives? For some reason I have it in my mind that it’ll lose some rigidity or something.
Actually supposed to be more rigid. The top is made from 3/16" (I think... it's thick!) aluminum. It bolts in using the factory roof rack mount points. So, it replaces the flimsy sheet metal and two weak *ss supports across with something way more rigid. I saw the cross members that were cut out and they were nothing. No difference in the way it drives.

Appreciate the feedback, I was pretty sure my concerns were invalid, but figured I’d check in on it after you’ve had some time with it.

Seems to negatively affect off road performance. Can’t even keep up with a 4Runner.

@bigronthe200 did you do much camping with it this summer? How was it in use? Any regrets?

1698935684549.png

@bigronthe200 did you do much camping with it this summer? How was it in use? Any regrets?
We've gotten probably 30 nights in it since it's been done. We absolutely love it! Camp set up and tear down is a breeze. It's so convenient to have the entire kitchen already set up when you roll into camp. No ragrets!!😂

@bigronthe200 how long is the sleeping area (and how wide?)

thats really cool
Something like 86"x43"ish. A little narrow for my wife and I but we fit. I am 6' 3" and can lay straight with toes up and fit, although I wouldn't want to be too much taller. If you're solo, diagonally is spacious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom